675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

"GUTTED"................ First Splil will cost £680

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

15 Mile an hour left hand turn at roundabout at top of road................. GUTTED!!! :( :( :( No cars in site and a builder stood watching and never even offered to help pick bike up. Broken clutch gashed ring finger open, Knee popped and shoulder sore. Other than than the headache all's well on the body side just chuffed a) close enouph to push her home b) lid did not hit the deck & c) the car that stopped at the side of my head did exactly that STOPPED

Total damage not including Bobins and Indicator £662-86 :oops:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675006_4.jpg

£253-35 Front Fairing - not to mention in total after market indicator that pushed straight through BEWARE!!!

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675005_5.jpg

£40-64 Altinator Cover - Gasket £10-65

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675003_8.jpg

£196-42 plus VAT Rear Seat Unit - May even go for the Carbon one on e-bay???

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675001_8.jpg

£20.56 Clutch lever £12-25 Bar End

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675004_6.jpg

£41-43 Rear Sprocket

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675002_8.jpg

2. redfreddie

redfreddie

Sorry to hear that Jap_Sti_3 !! Main thing is that you're ok and not to badly hurt, and despite the dent to the wallet the bike lives on . . . i know how you feel mate, done similar in the past myself and was just as gutted !

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Aw no!!!!! :shock: I was looking at the pics of your bike in the gallery last night - really nice nick. :)

Glad you're OK. Bike - £ouch. I don't have any bits for a 675, I have a few for my old D650 though. Mainly, left over from when I dropped it...

Any idea why you came off :?:

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Ouch, man that's bad news :'( How did you loose it? I'm speculating diesel or similar?! The main thing is that you're ok; and managed to walk away from it! could of been worse for sure! :p
    Painful to see the 675 having cosmetic problems at the moment, but all of it is replaceable just a shame it's an extra £700 out of the piggy bank; yet again could of been a write off :| Hopefully you're not put of riding like so many are in incidents like this understandably. :)

5. Stu

Stu

That's shit Ray. I did something similar. 25mph in a (nearly) straight line. 4 and a half grand later and my bike looked new again. What caused you to come off at such a slow speed ? The cause of mine was running over a drill bit. A bit more speed and I'd have gotten away with it. If you're not going down the insurance root then I have a nearside fairing panel.

Stu

6. aaaaaw mate, what a bummer but good job the car stopped...glad youre ok and the bike can be mended...dropped my 955,back tyre hit a manhole cover i was on the deck before i knew what was happening..in the middle of plymouth city centre...some knob walked up to me, im still lying on the deck wandering wtf was happening and says "that used to be a nice bike mate" and strolled off...500 quids worth of damage

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Folk's Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Took the beast apart tonight once the knee would bend and she looks a sorry sight.

Al parts on order and hoping to have her up and running by the weekend.

As for being put of Craig....................... NA :D Wrong Bloke to walk away afer a spill just need to get my ass back in the sadle and make the most of the "Chiken strip less tyres :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walets well light, the only thing i'm really gutted about are the indicators that I had shiipped over from Canada as its Dead as a dodo on the impact side. Still will have to get another set as they look Fantastic.

As for why it slid away I have no idea, the road was wet but it always is, when I stood up it felt like being on ice but it's just one of those mysterys. :?

Sorry Stu I did try calling you once I found the fairing in the "for sale" section and emailed but not sure it is the right one, andy chance you can fire me over a picture and I may be able to cancel the ordr as it will not go in till tomorrow. Can you tell if its the same graphics?

8. jimjam39

jimjam39

:( Sorry to hear about that Jap, glad you are ok though. Its a real bummer after all the work you have put into the bike, but hey i guess thats biking and bikers , we take the rough with the smooth and start all over again .

9. The first few weeks of owning my CBR, I pulled out a junction and dropped the bike, I was sick! Scuffed the fairing, broke indicator and scuffed the generator cover (or was it the altenator??).

I bought carbon covers to cover the metal scuffs, bought ebay fairings and got the crash bobbin holes cut (albeit by a pro). It looked good after all that and cost less than new parts.

I feel your pain.

10. Rowly

Rowly

Really sorry about your off Jap the Main thing is that you are alright, the bike
    can be repaired its just the cost and inconvenience and most of all your pride
    that takes a knock,its the ones you cant explain that affect your confidence
    as well, hope you get it sorted, take care

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well Big "UP" to Stu & Jean. Just been to pick up Front Left Fairing, brand new and in the box Nice One you two :D :D :D

Well chuffed ;)

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well the "Beast" is all stripped down awaiting parts.................... :geek:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675025_1.jpg

13. Aw FEK m8, that's a sad sight, glad you're ok though. Didn't you have the covers on your engine cases for protection, what happened to those, did they just fall off?

14. Rowly

Rowly

Having seen what has happened to Japs bike in a low speed spill I am
    now placing an order for GBracing crash protection set for the engine.
    The price for not having them is for all to see, :eek: :(

15. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well the Beats as arisen and up and running as per Rowly I'm getting a set of GB Crash bobins and R&G Fork and swing are protection. As for the indicators its back to Original kit at the moment.

Just need to get her in to the dealears for a once over just to put my mind at rest.

16. Rowly

Rowly

Well done Jap, I'm please you got the beast back on the road,get that crash
    protection ordered a.s.a.p, here's to many more safe miles ;)

17. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

fantastic you've got it up and running so quick! The last picture looked so painful :)

18. How come your generator casing took such a beating? I thought you had carbon crash covers on it? Didn't they work?

19. Rowly

Rowly

Well from what I saw happen to Japs bike I ordered a full engine crash protection
    set from GBracing on Wed evening they were delivered at 8am this morning
    and duly fitted today, no worries then!!!!! :) :)

20. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Superme79 lost the 2nd carbon cover at 155 on M62 so ther in lies your answer :(

Anyway folk the "Beast" Is Back :D

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675001_9.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675002_9.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675003_9.jpg

Had my first blast out and other than the clutch being a little over adjusted she is puring like a cat............ ;)