675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Headlight bulb holder

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by bladebiker, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bladebiker

bladebiker

In my hamfisted attempt to replace my headlight bulb I managed to break the thing in the holder, hence I need a replacment holder. The dealer said the replacement one 'did not look very clear' on the diagram on her computer and as it was only 3 quid thoght it might not be the right part. I got the old ' you might have to buy a whole buy new headlight' routine which is clearly ridiculous. Don't suppose any body can shed any light on this - pardon the pun!

2. bladebiker

bladebiker

Apparantly I do have to buy a new headlight unit at a cost of 168 quid. Breakers it is then. This is just stupid.

3. andysjt

andysjt

cant you get the broken stub out with some long nose pliers ? or tweasers even a heavy duty paper clip might work ? £168 for a new'un thats a piss take

4. bladebiker

bladebiker

Unfortunately I have completely butchered it. If I can't source one from a breakers I feel like writing to the factory - direct action may be needed!

5. Have a look at the FOR SALE section on this site page 2 Tom 58 did have some NEW headlights for sale at £50.00 complete with wiring loom.
    I purchased one from him and it arrived within a couple of days and was exactly as described NEW.

Midgeman.