675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Heli bars

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Fast Orange, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

lovin the 675 ........ but wrists and back are killing me! I am 6' 2"
    Bought Heli Bars today, big day fitting them tomorrow ........... anyone done it and can I expect any complications?

2. Search for the post "Modified to Fit the Owner" by midgeman. He's done some mods along these lines.

3. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

Just fitted the Heli bars with no major drama ........ pretty easy actually! With no line/cable mods needed
    Let me tell you that after test riding these are the 'dogs'. For years my wife has been telling me that an extra inch + is good and I didn't want to believe her! But the angle of these clip ons and the extra 40 mm height has transformed the way it feels, I can actually now imagine touring on it ....... highly recommended

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Sound's good, I myself is 6ft 3... nothing like a good back ache after a long ride on a sports bike :lol: Any photo's of the installed heli bars? Does it suit the 675 well? :)

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Any Pictures available Fast Orange?

6. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

Not tonight ... no lights in Garage but I'll put some on tomorrow!

7. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

I've attached an image you may not have seen before .......... it isn't mine but graphically shows the difference, of course I'll show you images of the bars on tomorrow but it will only show quality as there is no comparison to show with both bars fitted ........ huge comfort difference though in addition to being a tad wider .... more leverage

Attached Files:

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great Picture FastOrange.

We will have to get ou heads together and have a pootle out one evening ;)