675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

helibar clip ons?

Discussion in 'General' started by bondrail, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bondrail

bondrail

anyone used helibar clip ons, any good ?

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello, welcome to the site! I've not had any experience with them maybe another member has?
    Was looking at the pictures (http://www.solomotoparts.com/detailed.p ... ctid=25803) they look smart, just wonder if it makes it any comfier to ride or not - I suppose everyone has a different riding position :) ...

3. bondrail

bondrail

thanks for the reply craig, i guess the only real way to find out is to buy some :)

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

If you do let us know how it goes! :)

I did come across the following video a while ago which maybe of interest to you: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1233658/i ... _clip_ons/

After going through a few other forums I haven't really seen any negative feedback with regards to them; it appears to be another enhancement with limited information resource around the internet... :roll:

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great Video, Now that has given me an idea for the old Protection Install :D

Then again i would sound even more monatone :?

6. bondrail

bondrail

thanks again, great video i want them even more now!. Santa missed out the clip ons but i might have a bit more luck with the easter bunny , will keep you all posted. Does any know anything about adjustable helibars? they did exist i was bidding on a pair on ebay some time ago but they were removed last minute. :?

7. No info on Helibar but I have Gilles Variobars on my D675 also had them on my previous R1 (see my Post Modified to fit the Owner).

Midgeman.

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Any details on fitting and how much the bars cost and from where..................... :ugeek:

How many questions :? Sorry

9. I have Helibars on my Daytona,I bought them from Naef Cycles in the US. They cost about £200 + £70 Darling tax (import duty).You can find Naef on e-bay,just do a search for Helibars.I find them a lot more comfortable than the standard bars,especially as I have early sings of carpell tunnell symdrom(can cause pain in the wrist & numb hands).To my mind,well worth the money,make riding more enjoyable.

Day-tony675