675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Hello all and one annoying thing!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Falkirk300zx, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx

I picked up my first new 675 on Saturday from 2 wheels in Edinburgh, I previously owned a CBR 600RR.

I never noticed how narrow the bike was, it feels like a 125 compared to the CBR and the riding position is more comfortable. Only 2 things have reduced my riding pleasure, one is minor and one is really annoying.

1. Minor - The bike only has a fuel warning but no gauge.
    2. Annoying - The side stand doesn't have the extra leg on it.

The absence of the little extra leg means I have extreme problems when trying to put down the side stand with my biker boots on. The stand tucks right in under the left foot peg and the front is covered by the gear selector, my boot heel cannot flick down the stand.

Apart from that I am very happy.

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome! Good to see a Honda owner convert over. I myself used to own a R6, and that had only a fuel warning - such a simple thing to add on a bike- not a problem but I have to agree with you it's an minor annoyance that can so easily be rectified by the manufacturers... Have you had much time on the bike since picking it up? sods law it's going to be tough weather conditions throughout Jan for bikers! :( Any regrets so far? (apart from the 2 minor issues) :)

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hello there fellow Honda Convert, ex CBR 1000 ff rider among many.

In responce to your concerns a couple of tips I can offer, may help a touch :lol:

1 Re "Minor - The bike only has a fuel warning but no gauge" - Flat out you will get 28 miles to the stop :twisted: backing off takes it up to 34 miles ;)

2. Re"Annoying - The side stand doesn't have the extra leg on it" Use your Toe not your heal, works a treat for me.

Welcome to the site and hope to see you up in the Lake District in the Summer for a Great Blast Out :mrgreen:

4. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx

Thanks for the welcome!

Surely the tank gets me more than 28 miles??

No regrets so far, I have only gone 37 miles though but first impressions last and they are all positive. The day I had it was freezing so can't wait till the better weather, but going by the run in period I'll need to start clocking up the miles well before summer!!

Thanks

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Sorry, what I meant is that once the low fuel waarning light comes on you have 28 miles at full chat then you in stop mode :? If I back off it pushes the milahe up a bit but not a lot. :(

On the run in, stick with it to 500 miles then get it in for oil change and whay hay hay you go.............. :evil: :twisted: :lol: :D

Happy Ridin..............

6. Hi and Welcome,

I had a GSXR600 and that also didn't have a fuel gauge, I think Honda riders have just been spoilt!!! A friend of mine has just moved to a Honda from a Yamaha, and he was asking why they had put a gauge on as he didn't need it?!

I've always been paranoid that the warning light will fail and I'll end up on the Moors with no fuel. So, I have always just used one of the trips as a count between fill ups. You'll get a feel for how many miles your style of riding gives you to a tank and then just fill up when you see you are getting near that number. It also saves you running your tank too low.

With regard to the stand, I just flick it down with the back of my heal rather than the side. the spring isn't as stong as on the GSXR so it doesn't feel so much a problem.

Hopefully this Arctic weather will pass and you can get some miles in.

7. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx

I have always used the trip counter trick, even with the gauge! My first bike was a RF600 and I ran out of fuel because it was one of those lights that got brighter as the fuel ran out. After that trip trick all the time!

I had it out this morning for a run........ around the block, OMG it is so cold!

Good to know that I'll get 28 miles or so when the light goes on, the CBR went to 0 litres and then the bar flashed you had about 20 odd miles!

8. Stu

Stu

I've never run out of fuel on this one but my TT600 ran out at 20. As soon as the light comes on I'm look for a fuel stop!!!!

9. Welome new member.

I had a 600RR5 and thought the fuel gauge was a good idea however with the 675 you get a gear indicator which is great if like me you are always looking for that 7th gear.

Midgeman

10. i will be, i'm always around Hawes, devils bridge, then to the lakes