675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Hello Chaps..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rickster, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Hello all,

My first post on here and thought I'd introduce myself (Ric).. Got myself a new 675 two weeks ago and trying to enjoy it before the snow and ice.. However only managed 1000 miles so far so kinda running it in still which is a pain.

Had the Daytona 600 for year beforehand so kind of know the usual Triumph woes after having to replace 5 stators and 3 regulators on it. Hoping the new bikes have some what improves since ??? :)

Anyway Love the bike and alreadt fighting off the Modifying Bug.. (well the missus is if Im honest :roll: )

Cheers
    Ric

2. welcome to the site mate :smileup:

3. D41

D41

Oh, No!! - There goes the neighbourhood!! :lol:

Hello Rick - nice to see another familiar face on here...good bunch on here - low key & always good for a laugh!

4. Welcome!

Idea - you can try the "spousal tax" concept: for every thing that she buys, you have a "tax" that allows you to get stuff too. Then, start with small things (under a tenner) so she get used to the idea & build up. :cool:

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome dude. I always get it inthe neck too if I buy anything fr the bike. 'You spent HOW much????' I don't bother answering/arguing any more :lol:

6. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Rickster welcome,
    as you have bought a new 675 then you will have virtualy trouble free fun on the 675
    people on here who seem to have probs for the main are ones who bought their bikes second hand,
    fo myself only real prob has been a sticking Exup valve (its on the exhaust underneath the bike in case you dont know) a 675 looked after will look after you, :smileup:
    Ps enjoy the fun on here,

7. D41

D41

I just lie!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome mate and how’s the running in coming along as there are different opinions on ‘by the book’ or ‘thrash it’ approach?
    I edged towards the thrash it approach when I was running mine in and not had a single prob since I bought it ;)

9. redseven

redseven

Hello Rickster, up to tricks Sir?

10. Hiya chaps!

Cheers for the reply! Sorry for some reason I dont receive emails telling me I have replies to my posts so only just now have noticed due to "popping in".

Yes mr D41... another ex D6er has moved on the block :)

As for the running in I kinda very painfully kept to the guide 90% and the rest of the time peaked into a couple of thousand rpm above and beyond upto 800 miles.. from then on took it to the limiter briefly to see if the pretty "blue" lights work!! and hell it felt good.. Actually kinda shocked me in 3rd gear joining the Mway how fast I got up to speed......with ease.

I absolutely love this bike and kinda gutted I didnt get it for summer... now I have to grin and bear riding it over winter.

But good to hear from you all. Wasnt sure I would hear back from anyone :))

PS... Dont tell me there is still the colour debate on the 675 forum aswell !!!!???

Does any one in the UK have Jardine RT1 fitted? I like the look of it but the problem is the Number plate light. From what I see there is no option for this with the kit and I dont want to manually run a wire down which might look poor.

11. D41

D41

No there isn't Ric, - everyone on here has pretty much come to the consensus that the Triumph 650 Valmoto paint scheme is, bar none, the best!!

......Runs for cover from impending artillery barrage!!!

12. No there isn't Ric, - everyone on here has pretty much come to the consensus that the Triumph 650 Valmoto paint scheme is, bar none, the best!!
    quote]

Obviously you brought the humour to this forum :roll:

:D

13. D41

D41

- I bring the humour to EVERY forum, Ric ( nice post-editing BTW!).

Peeps, - this is Ric, my very good friend from d600.org. - Absolute top man who mistakenly thought we were an elitist site not given to accepting "outsiders".

- Can we kick him out now.........PLEASE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Penfold

Penfold

Welcome mate. Just worked 10 days in a row and was hoping to get out and take her for a blast but looks like its gonna rain all weekend :(

15. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

16. Yeah weather is really really really naff!!! Wet, cold and grey... worst combo. I was planned to ride out to Ace cafe tonight too but thats not going to happen..

From the forecast looks to stay this way right over the weekend too.

17. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

It's OK up here right now, a bit cold though.

Yes the weekend f/cast is piss poor. I have to take daughterkins to a hockey match again. But it's a home match so at least I won't be standing around in the cold and rain for 3 hours - which is what happened last week :roll:

18. redseven

redseven

Hello again Rickster, didn't realize there was a colour debate on here. All the same the 675 has got excellent throttle response and a free revving engine for all the illegal reasons. Beats an in line four IMHO. For the road.

19. Hi Red,

Where abouts are you in essex (just roughly) I dont know it too well but my brother lives near basildon and I also know the lakeside shopping centre.

Do you go out on rides at all with anyone on here? I looked on meets but kinda appear empty but I guess it is that time of year some put there babies to rest in a garage with cotton wool :)