675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

hello from Essex

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Iron Urchin, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

just saying hello, found this site while surfing today, really pleased to find a UK based site for the 675.

anyway, i've only been riding for about 2 years apart from some messing about as a teenager, bought a CBR600f straight after passing my test, absolutely loved it but i was using it as a commuter aswell as a weekend bit of fun so it soon racked up the miles and anyway i just fancied something a bit quicker and a bit different.....fell in love with the 675 and bought one a couple of months back......i'm absolutely luvin it....riding around with a big silly grin all the time.

anyway, this site is a cracking idea, long may it continue.

2. Stu

Stu

Hi and welcome

Are you still commuting on the 675, I ride mine all year round and it has seemed to manage the winter weather and salt apart from the exhaust valve. Is yours new and what colour did you go for.

'

3. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

hello, no i only use it for commuting very occasionally now, its a 65 mile round trip every day so that's around 14000 miles a year not including all the weekend fun miles, i don't want to rack up those sort of miles on my new bike you know, i wanna keep it nice. Even though i really looked afetr the CBR spent plenty of time cleaning, fettling and maintaining (too much time according to 'er indoors) it was impossible to keep it immaculate, and obviously when you want to trade it in with those sort of miles on the clock they want to pay peanuts no matter how good the condition is. Not only that, my commute involved alot of heavy traffic filtering, and to be honest i don't think that is a strong point on the 675.

the bike is new, it's on an '08 plate but it's the Graphite "masterbike" limited edition which comes with all the carbon fibre bits, so i believe it's actually an '07 model. so far i've put some tank grip pads on and a tail tidy and a smaller number plate and a toe guard.....i've also got some mini indicators and crash protector things from T3 that i haven't got round to fitting yet.

i'll have to take some pics and post 'em on here.

4. Stu

Stu

Graphite 'masterbike', yes indeed, photos are required.

My missus has the Graphite and I now have the black. We've just been to the south of France on them 1000 miles in one hit is no fun. I'll post about that though when I get some time :D

5. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

1000 miles....OUCH! that's gotta hurt. :eek:

6. Stu

Stu

The gel seat rocks but the right wrist, neck shoulders were killing by the end of the ride. When I stopped riding my lower back went into spasams. Not a ride I wish to repeat in a hurry :D

7. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

yer, but then you had the rest of your hols on those luurvely French roads :twisted: , barrel fulls of French vino :D and an eyeful of those French ladies on the beach ;)

weren't all bad eh m8 :D