675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Hello world

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stu, May 6, 2008.

1. Stu

Stu

Hi, Stu here. I'm on my 2nd 675 and the missus has the first one so it's still in the garage. Before that I had a Daytona 600 and a TT600 so I'm pretty keen on Triumphs. Anyway, hello from Leeds and now to the maintenance board for my techy question.

Stu
    PS. I have my own corner of the web dedicated to the 675 at http://www.stukennedy.co.uk

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello Stu,

first of all welcome, apologies for any slow replies here - it's not ment to be a ghost town tho work has me on a rather long course keeping my mind at play; doh!

Had a look at your site; how's the TomTom Rider going? been tempted in purchasing one myself; first one ive seen fitted to a 675! looks good :)

Hope everything is going well with both your 675's, keep an eye here too as some improvements are in the to-do pile :)

Craig

3. Stu

Stu

Hi Craig

The TomTom is good and I'll be testing it out in France in two weeks. I've had V1 and V2 and V2 is much better. i still had to buy an extra mount though.

Hopefully it will get busy around here soon.

4. Craig

You'll have to let me know how it goes in france, there's something about looking down at it whilst riding too much could lead to a distraction; tho I'm sure it's just a glance like looking at the speedo etc...

Yeah be good to see regulars here; making it more active etc...; Over the next 2(+/-) weeks I'll be moving the site over to another server with cutomised pop3 email / web mail on the 675.cc domain - e.g. <anyone>@675.cc - Also will be trying to tidy up the board layout a bit e.g. colours and font size little picky stuff :) all in all been fun getting this far.With traffic or no traffic it'll be always hosted. :)

5. Have you considered what advertising to carry out for the site? I know you consider this a personal project but a good UK based 675 forum would be awesome! perhaps we should brainstorm some good advertising ideas. Perhaps getting the site listed well on google and the likes is a good place to start?

6. Craig

Eventually the site will be advertised via external sources; I agree this will help with building the community. I also like the idea to focus it on a UK based forum side of things - which I'm all open to suggestions to achieve this :)

Unfortuantly I need to move this to another server to gain faster response times in regards to page loading speeds.This is one thing that's halting the development of the site (that and my day job - doh!) :) - but that'll be sorted out in the next week (+/-).

Once I'm ahead of the game; advertising may be a possibility - but this site will remain banner/popup free and will continue to be a non-profit site. Also I'll be looking for someone to help out eventually so if you have any free time in the near future let me know ;)

7. Sure, let me know if/when you need some help, lets get a UK community going!

8. Craig

Indeed, I sent a message; let me know if you don't recieve it. :)