675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by 675 hooligan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

hi guys n gals im new 2 the site and already im needing some advice,rite i bought a scorched yelow 07plate 675 and i was pickin it up on friday i was so excited then i get a phone call 2day sayin theyve lost the registration docs so they cant tax it 2 release the bike so im pretty upset cuz the new papers will take a few weeks 2 arrive but they have an 07plate ltd edition graphite grey 675 in for the same price but what i need to know is what are the actual differences between the 2 bikes apart from colour and the certificate u get??? any help would be much appreciated. oh and the scorched yellow is ex demo 1000miles ltd edition has done 5k

2. Stu

Stu

Hi and Welcome

If you are impetuous like me then the question is worthless as you'll be picking up the graphite one tomorrow :D if not the then the difference is 4000 miles and a bike which has been thrashed by every man and his dog. What limited edition is it? If it's a master bike then there are plenty of owners her who can tell what the goodies are. i think it's all the carbon bits and different decals.

When I bought my first one the paperwork wasn't ready but they still let me take and I took my chances with no tax. Will they let you take the yellow on an extended test drive :?:

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Hooligan, my advice for what its worth "wait for the paper work" if there is 4000 mile difference on the clocks for me there would be no choice. Stick to your first choice as you would only kick ourself in a months time. :geek:

HO! Welcom to the site by the way. Hope you get more advice soon. :ugeek:

Cheers

Jap :D

4. personally, i would wait..you never know, they may find the paperwork tomorrow. plus your 4000 miles nearer the big service

5. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

had my heart set on the yellow 1 so ill most likely just bite the bullet n wait they have offerd to compensate me by lendin me a bike on there insurance till papers come through,ill try n get a speed triple to run about on haha thanks for the advice folks!!

6. Hi Hooligan

I have only ever bought one Ex Demo Bike and that was the one I had trouble with Nuclear Red 2002 Speed Triple (see Previous Bikes Owned).

Bike manufacturers say take it easy for the first 1000 miles and thereafter go and enjoy and I have followed this advice to the letter with any new bike that I have owned with favourable results.

On the occasions that I have been for a test ride on a Demo Bike I have had ZERO interest in the manufacturers advice about bedding in the engine and box because I knew that I would not be handing over my hard earned cash for that particular machine so all I am interested in is how quick it will go in all available gears how it handles and how it stops and do I find it comfortable to ride.

Although I would not do so myself I have known those who have deliberately gone out with a Demo Bike with the sole intention of trying to brake it mechanically which they never manage but what problems are going to be thrown up later down the line when its out of warranty.

For me a Demo Bike is OK only if it is raving cheap and you are going to be getting shut of it just before the warranty runs out.

Well thats my thoughts on the subject but at the end of the day its your money and your choice.

Enjoy.

Midgeman.

7. My Gixxer was an ex-demo. It had been ridden hard as there were no chicken strips on the rear tyre and one of the footpegs had some grinding on it.

It was my first bike and so I didn't really know to look for these things but it was perfect and never missed a beat. It can also just depend on the bike. You'll see that there are people on here who have bikes that seem quite oil thirsty and others that don't. Some are having problems with the exhaust valve, where some dont. Unfortunately, you only know when it happens.

8. wait for the one you want m8, 4000 miles is a big difference, and (money wise) not worth the carbon extras on the masterbike.

9. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

FCUK IT!! im going for the master bike was down 2day having a look,its gorgeous and ill get it 2moro and the suns oot so why nae!! good times to come....

10. haha he's been bitten by the Masterbike bug (we are superior you know) :D

we're gonna have to rename the forum soon ... D675MASTERBIKE.COM :lol:

11. jimjam39

jimjam39

:lol: You couldn't wait could you :!: cant say I blame you :D

And welcome to the club :)

12. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

i couldnt wait weeks on end for the new papers im just dying to go4 a blast! i havent been able to sleep properly for a week,lost my apetite aswell,summin tells me i get far 2 excited when it comes to bikes hahaha roll on 4oclock 2moro :mrgreen:

13. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

lol, seeing that there were a limited build to 100 there seems to be a few of them here! ;p onto the name change :lol: ;)

haha; I have the tendency to be the same when it comes to bikes... I always feel like a kid in a sweet shop ;p Hope you have a good blast on the bike tomorrow...! :D Welcome to the site! :)

14. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

15. I'm glad I've got a normal tornado red D675. Those masterbikes are way too comon!!! They're the ford mondeo of the D675 world!!!!!! ;) ;) :lol:

Now 2 hours!!!

Enjoy Yourself!!

16. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

well i phoned 2 tell the garage i was on my way 2 collect the bike as i got held up at a dentist apointmeant 4 them to tell me the bike still wasnt ready and neither was the paperwork so thats 3 bikes in the space of 2weeks they have fuked up 4me so i told them 2 shuv it up ther a*s*!! so disapointed its a complete joke! and i had 2 cancel my insurance policy that didnt finish till aughust n go with sum1 else so i cud insure the 675 and ive now lost my no claims and sold my bike n they've did this2 me,really dont know why i botherd!!!!

17. perhaps putting the name of the dealer on here in REALLY BIG letters would make you feel a bit better...doesnt get you a bike, i know, but i dont think they'de get much business from anyone on here...i certainly wont...cant be doing with crap service

18. jimjam39

jimjam39

^^^^^i agree with nigel, name and shame them :evil:

19. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

ROY SHIRLAW OF SHIRLAWS IN ABERDEEN! lol ive spoke 2 ppl who said they would rather travel 2 london to give him money and now i know why!

20. perhaps a strongly worded letter to triumph to triumph explaining the level of inept service you received..might put a spoke in it for him