675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

HI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by feet, Sep 28, 2009.

1. feet

feet

Hi, I just joined.
    I have been a Triumph owner for many years, my first big bike after passing test was a T140V with american teardrop tank and high bars, then a few years after I was the proud owner of a T160 Trident. Then I Went over to Kawasaki and Ducati and Aprilia but I'm now back with a 06 675 and I think its an awsome wee bike. Went 900 miles round trip last weekend down to Scarborough to Olivers mount race meet. No problem, thrashed it and still got 48 mpg.

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

'ello feet! Welcome on board. Nice history there. Where you from?

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Just a small round trip than! Glad you're loving the 675 so far, so many great aspects! Welcome to the site - hope you find the site useful and probs or questions don't hesitate to ask! :)

4. D41

D41

5. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Feet welcome,
    i am guessing you are from north of the border,
    its ok, i am a fellow celt, :smileup:

6. andysjt

andysjt

hi mate
    welcome to the forum

7. feet

feet

Thanks for your shouts , I hail from the NE (Scotland) of course.
    I just fitted my 2 bros can - uploading pics as soon as I figure out how to create my album.
    If your interested I tried out some new roads on the way down. Turn of the Perth to Stirling dualer onto the crief to dunfermaline road and head down to kincardine bridge (several back road options -all good)
    Also from Yarm to Helmsdale - road was empty on Saturday AM.

8. henrymc

henrymc

T160!
    Good call there,
    No not drooling again Ed! :rotfl:
    there is a real meaty sound of those two brothers when you get rid of the restricter in the can, :twisted:
    looks like your 675 has led a very outdoor life,
    how long have you had it?

9. kingfixer

kingfixer

Welcome mate, i havn't been to scotland in years :(

10. feet

feet

Owned for how long

I bought this from a dealer for just under £5000 with 3000 miles 1 year old. Aug 2007 - thats two years and about 8000 miles I've done. I do a few more miles on my other bikes too. The triumph tends to get used for shorter runs since its no good when two up, have the FJR1300 for those times.
    Some bits went wrong but just niggles, got them all on warranty. Except battery. got a new down pipe ( exhaust pipe valve froze stiff) and a new clock (one blue LED failed).

11. spike

spike