675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

HID's Group buy

Discussion in 'General' started by andykb, Oct 1, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Ive decided im not going to wait to get my HIDs done and i wanted to gauge interest in a Group buy of HID's from the states?

Most suppliers over here want around £99(plus shipping) but http://www.ddmtuning.com/ can get us a dual kit for $65 plus shipping(£40.68)

They have got excellent press on other forums and offer a very good warranty

Ive emailed them to see if they are interested and asked for the obvious discount for bulk buys and postage cost. These will only be a guide.

I have run GB's before, some of you may remeber the techspec one i did? so hopefully if you have concerns please speak to the guys who group buy'd with me.

Let me know....Andy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. andykb

andykb

4. AS far as Im aware hight beams dont work too well, the bulbs dont warm up fast enough to 'flash' the lights.

Which one were you looking at Andy?

5. andykb

andykb

the one listed in my lst post and yes i think you are correct the flash option becomes defunct.

It looks like its a no go anyway DDM tuning do not want to know!!!

Barstewards

6. Hi, must be me than that link in 1st post doenst take me to a HID :(

7. andykb

andykb

8. mark mac

mark mac

I've fitted a H7 kit to my low beam and I intend on buy a xenon gas filled normal lamp for the hi beam and some LED side lamps. for the amount of time the hi beam is used. I cant see the point in struggling to fit the ballasts!!
    does make a difference though! The H7 kit i fitted was a spare set knocking around a mates garage. he removed them when he sold his old car...

9. andykb

andykb

I got the LED running lights they look cool and i here what you say about fitting the dual system im swinging that way now as you lose the flash for a dual system