675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

I got new tyres today!

Discussion in 'General' started by keithspurs2000, Jun 29, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

I got myself a set of bridgestone 016 tyres today for £220. I was quoted £240. That was with the me taking the wheels into the shop though.

2. Good choice mate,you won't regret fitting 016's they're brill,haven't had smaller chicken strips since I had a DRZ400SM with 090's on it. Guess I just get on with Bridgestone tyres!

3. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

Are they easier to get smaller chicken strips with then? Mine were a couple of centimetres on the corsas.

4. I've just got a set of Pilot Power 2CT's on. Think I'm down to the last 1mm could be that I'm getting better but also could be I'm trying to keep up with ''the Fridge''!

brilliant tyres so far though. not sure how long they will last though,they seem about the same softness as the Corsas.

5. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I never really pay much attantion to the tyre threads as I dont have much of a problem with the corsa's but just had a look at this through chance. I canhonestly say I've had noproblems.

Don't get me wrong I'm not without the strips but mine are only 10mm at most. And as much as I hate to say it since I got this bike I havebeen a fair weather rider :?
    My only other bike was a ninja with 016's and I got to the edge with them. But the 675 is so much taller and it feels more of a drop to get low. Is that the bike or the tyres? I always assumed it was the bike set up.

Kris

6. The only thing that would stop me buying new Corsas is the price.

7. I had trouble with getting chicken strips below 12mm on the Corsas, the 016's I've got to 2-3mm. I've read a few revues that suggest the shape of the Bridgestones are more rounded than some of the others, so give a better feel on the lean. I can't disagree with that, as I certainly feel more confident on them!

8. kingfixer

kingfixer

I've just had a new rear diablo supercorsa put on taday for £146 luckily it went on company account so i don't have to pay the vat. :D :D

9. andysjt

andysjt

god i need new tyres now , it cant be put of much longer as i have a 2 1/2 " wide flat in the middle of the back tyre
    too much motorway i think ( and 13.5 stone over back wheel )

10. kingfixer

kingfixer

Bloody hell i wish i was only 13 1/2" stone :lol: :lol:

11. andysjt

andysjt

well i say 13.5 stone but i ant been on the scales for a year so.....

plus the fact im only 5' 1" tall

12. me too need to get back in the gym and shed a stone or two

13. kingfixer

kingfixer

yeah i have a running machine in the garage, comes in dead handy for hanging wet cloths and chamois leathers on, oh and hanging extension leads on :lol: :lol:

14. SteveH

SteveH

12 stone on the dot here but 6ft2 :S must be the lack of beer in my diet ;)

I'll be going for Dunlop qualifier RR's when I change my hoops. Had them on my Duke and was massively impressed by them. Which reminds me I must get that trackday booked to finish off the OE Tyres on the bike ATM.

Steve

15. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I just got a set of 014's put on yesterday and although i've only done a few miles, they really inspire confidence, well better than my dunlops I had on before.

Are they easier?! Pfft! I relish a challenge!! The harder the better!!!!!!!!!!