675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

I won in Court today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Edski675, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

County court that is. A printer was suing me for the cost of some folders I ordered - I rejected them as they didn't comply with the spec, we had a big bust up and I had to drag the graphic designer into the litigation. Designer said the printer screwed up, printer said the designer screwed up. Judge found that (a) goods didn't comply with spec so I was entitled to reject, (b) that the printer's exclusion clauses were inadequate as they weren't brought to my attention, (c) that the designer's evidence was to be preferred where he said that his design was in order and not at fault and (d) that the printer should have told me that they were increasing the size of the spine of the folders from 15mm to 20mm (but didn't).

All a great shame cos I will never use the the printer again, so a wrecked relationship.

But I'm happy, I'd be £1,850 lighter if I'd lost.

Wine tonight :D

Ed

2. Sounds like a typical day in my office ;) congrates on the ruling. Thats £1,850 that you can now spend on biking :D

Jim

3. Think of the mods that £1,850 could get you? This leads me to an idea....... (see the "Money No Object Post")

4. right on mate..good on ya

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

£1850 that could get you a set of Carbon wheels if you put £260 to it......... go on Ed treat yourself :cool: :lol: