675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Ignition Barrel

Discussion in 'Wanted & Swaps' started by Cameron, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Hi,

Looking for an ignition barrel, after someone trying to steal the bike popped mine in half. I was told by the bike shop that they could buy one, take it apart and put it back onto mine, keeping the same key. But they quoted me £160 for parts. Anyone got one cheaper, from a trackday conversion or something?

Cheers,
    Cameron

2. Rawhide

Rawhide

I have one but I'll have to check tonight the condition of it. Pretty sure it's fine though.

3. Rawhide

Rawhide

Hello just dug out the ignition barrel. The lock in the centre has been taken out and for some reason the mounting points have been cut into, must have had to cut the the bolts.
    Let me know if it's useful to you?
    Gary

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. Cameron

Cameron

Hi Gary,

Thanks for looking that out. I'm actually not sure. Mine is split in two, and after speaking with a guy at the triumph dealer on Sunday, he suggested there was a way to take an new ignition barrel, and attach mine into it, so that I could use the same key. If so, it looks like yours could be useful. But I'm not sure how that works. Mine is currently in half at the bit where the cogs are. It slots back in together, and works, but just won't stay together with glue.
    I called up the bike shop yesterday to see if what you have is all I need, but I got someone who I think is just seeing the £££, and said "Oh no, you need a whole new lock set for the bike, tank and everything". Which wasn't very helpful!

Will wait and see what they come back with, I'm waiting for it being diagnosed. I think the alternator has failed, which I think means I should change the reg/rec this time too. But holding fire before I order them in case it's not that.

Cheers,
    Cameron

5. What about a jubilee clip up under the yoke?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cameron

Cameron

Actually not a bad shout, I might give that a try. My main thing is that I plan on selling it soon, so don't want it to look too dodgy, but that could work well, thanks.

7. Motorbykbitz.co.uk
    He is selling a 675 parts try him

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cameron

Cameron

Don't know why I didn't think of that, I just got another part from him yesterday. Going to try the jubiliee clip and see how dodgy it looks.