675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

I'm now a RAT :)

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Picked my bike up yesterday :) Can't believe how hard running it in is going to be..... Roll on 1st service.

2. itll soon be over then the fun begins :twisted:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous

4. its worth the wait, mate...beleive me :D

5. Anonymous

Anonymous

I remember the test ride on the demo being fun so hopefully will get it done before the salt hits the road

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I just rode the damn thing and it doesn't seem to have done it any hurt.

7. Interesting - I'm now a HOG :D Enjoy the ride.

8. Edski675

Would be interested to hear first impressions Kev.

9. Mate I love the charector of this bike. The engine is nearly jumping out of the frame whilst it is warming up, like a dog eager to go for a walk :D

On this bike I can relax, I have nothing to prove, there is plenty of grunt (even too up) with no helmets clashing together whilst changing up/down. Its really comfy and and I am already paying my harley tax - personalising it with new spangly farkles :lol: I don't have to do anything if I don't want to as it is great already - the only thing missing is a clock. On a cruiser I have all the time in the world. Do I need a clock? ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. i hope they gave you a years supply of polish with it kev :D

11. D41

D41

Gsi, regarding the 'running in' process - Granted, my bike is not a 675, rather, it's a 650. However, I bought it as a demo bike with @ 500 miles on it. I had specifically asked the salesman about this & he assured me that test riders usually just cruise around on demo bikes to get a feel for how they like it - they DON'T give it WOT.

Come to find out a few months later - my 'demo' bike was the 650 that Triumph USA loaned out to the mc press for reviews, trackdays, performance tests, etc. Bearing in mind that my bike was flogged around racetracks by expert riders when absolutely brand-new, I have had no mechanical issues with my bike in almost 4 years/16,000 miles - I say ride it as you wish, but that's just me.

12. I always ragged them from the off, using the full rev range and all gears, not labouring or holding high revs too long. There is only a limited time to seat those parts.

13. henrymc

henrymc

Have heard of someone who runs in race bikes on the dyno, gives them welly for a hour and thats it!
    Just wonder why the manufacturers specify the running in process?
    what you said Admiral,
    makes sence,
    don't let the engine labour when running the bike in or bang it of the limiter,

14. Edski675

Kev - have you bought the Harley or is it a demo. CAn't quite work out what you've done.

15. D41

D41

- Totally agree, Kev...the tolerances are set during the engine break-in period...maybe the engine will be toast at 80K as opposed to 100K, (or whatever) - but few of us keep a bike for that long.

- Especially you!! LOL!!

Sorry, - couldn't resist!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous

I was a bit worried to give it full beans as some one mentioned that on the first service they can interrogate the ecu and see the max revs the bike has been run at, so warranty issues arise. Would be nice to get a chance to get some seat time in....

17. Edski675

I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you...

18. D41

D41

Gsi - The 1st service simply consists of an oil change & fluid check/change...you can do it yourself, mate, & save some dosh...it's not that hard - really + we're all here to help you if you have any questions!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous

I suppose I'm being overly cautions as its my first new bike, I'm not afraid of a bit of wrench time but the newness is to much for me to start tinkering. A few months and i'll settle down:)

20. spike

spike

those 500 miles will soon clock up, personally im of the spank that bike hard school from the off lol, it didnt do my bike any harm and it certainly hasnt lost any power since.
    theres a video knocking around on the forum on an earlier thread where it shows triumph dyno ing the bikes anyway before they leave the factory as party of quality control lol ;)
    plus most parts are cnc ed so tolerances are a lot better, not like the bike engines of old