675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

immobiliser dead!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by bladespinner, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bladespinner

bladespinner

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and was wondering if any of u could kindly help me with a technical problem.

I have a 2007 675, which has been in the garage unused since september. (i now have a trickle charger, should have got one prior to this problem i know) the battery is flat, and is dead, so new battery is on the way, the problem is that the factory fitted alarm/immobiliser has gone dead to.

So is there any way of getting the bike started when the new battery arrives? will the immobiliser re-activate with the new battery? or can i some how disconnected the immobiliser (i understood that it is a plug and paly style unit). i'm a muppet i know for not having it on trickle charge before, but any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Mike

2. Stu

Stu

Hi Mike and welcome.

I can't help getting the alarm going but I can point out to you that the alarm is a Triumph accessory so therefore comes under their 2 year warranty.

I know this because my alarm went slightly faulty and had it replaced under warranty.:)

3. Stu

Stu

I've just had a thought. The alarms come with a bypass block but I don't know how to use one. Also the alarm has a battery in it for the siren. If this is flat then maybe it's stopping the alarm working (I'm presuming it's a Datatool S4 red). When the bike is charged up again hopefully it will spring back into life :)

4. JDB

JDB

I think if you either just charge it up or add the new battery the alarm will probably go off - but just reset it with the remote- should not be a problem - I had the same happen on my old D600.
    You can always use a set of jump leads just to give it some power from another battery and start it / reset the alarm with the remote.
    The alarm should shut down progressively as the voltage drops i seem to recall, so all should be ok with some new volts in the system.

5. bladespinner

bladespinner

Thanks for the advice gents. i'll sling a new battery in her and take it from there.
    the bike is only just over 18 months old so if needs be ill try and sort something on the warranty.
    thanks again

Regards Mike