675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Indicator light fault

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by mike675se, Aug 2, 2008.

1. mike675se

mike675se

Hi guys, just wondered if anybody couls shed some light on my latest fault? After a track day my indicator light on the dash didn't come on but the indicators did. It then cured itself, then went again. If I check in the dark of my garage the light is actually on but very faint. It's becomming more annoying. Can any one shed any light?

Cheers

2. Sounds like you have a earth fault somewhere, only problem is they can be a nightmare to find, i would think most garages would be able to help you out or anyone with a good working knowledge with vehicle electrics, or just have a look round for any loose or coroded wires, can be hit or miss though, good luck with it and let as know what the outcome was.

3. mike675se

mike675se

I'm gonna book it in to the garage this week. After all that's what they get paid to do. But i'll let you know the outcome

4. mike675se

mike675se

Just got it back from the garage this afternoon. Turns out it's the switch assembly that's faulty, so they are going to replace it for me.

BTW had a GSX-F as a loan bike, not the greatest but does what it's designed to do. Prefered the speed triple I had last time! Oh well least I got a loan bike. :D

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Least the problem been located... is it going to cost much?
    Loan bikes are always good to ride, pile on the miles with no worry - the only down point it's not quite the same as you're used to! Hope you're back on the road with the 675 soon! :)

6. mike675se

mike675se

They've given me my bike back until the spare has arrived. Good thing is it's not going to cost a penny as it's all under warrenty. Typical though, it was the only sunny day we've had in a long time and I got stuck with a GSX-F! Winner

7. Daytonadave

Daytonadave

A Bandit with clothes on, bet you were glad to get back on your 675 I had a new bandit 650 water cooled ( june 08) went from Daytona 955 04 to the bandit, it lasted 8 weeks as I could not have any fun on it :( so I had to get the Daytona 675
    :lol: