675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, May 14, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

hi folks ,
    just had my insurance renewal , & it isn’t good news for some reason its gone up quite allot , i have been with this insurance company for 8 years & never had a claim , so just wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a cheaper quote ?
    thank
    andy

2. Graham H675

Graham H675

try CIA i'll find the link for u mate really done me a good deal

3. Go to http://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk. They are by far the best bike comparison site on the web. They were about £200 cheaper than confused, et al (admittedly, I have no no-claims bonus). I have paid £514 fully comp for this year.

4. Er less than £200 fully comp protected (with no alarm) :oops:

5. Once I get my no-claims bonus, I hope I'll be looking at that figure as well!

6. Try Ebike got good deal from them :D

7. andysjt

andysjt

thanks to everyone for your replies i have some names to go at now ,
    lord nelson ,
    under 200 notes ? who is that with if you dont mide me asking
    cheers
    andy

8. SteveH

SteveH

I managed to insure my 916 with no NCB with Carole Nash last year for £289 comp. I bought the 675 just before the year ran out and they charged me an extra £65 to change the bike, so I think it may be rising next time round. Reckon I'll be in the same boat as you soon andy :S

Never ceases to amaze me that these companies can whack your insurance up year on year when you don't make a claim and expect you to pay it. Surely even if they just froze the cost you'd stay and that would be more money in their pocket (well unless you do claim).

I reckon if they spent half as much effort on chasing down fraudulant claims as they did on pushing their prices up then the costs would come tumbling down and everyone would win in the end. Well apart from the scummer idiots trying to defraud the system.

Steve

9. My wife passed her driving test last year, so her insurance was quite high as a new driver (they class it the same as being on a provisional) with no no-claims bonus. It is due for renual this month and has gone up £60! I rang to ask why when she is no longer classed as a new driver and also has 1 years no-claims bonus has it gone up so much. They said that it was because she didn't qualify for the new customer bonus!!!!

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Mine's insured through Adelaide Insurance in Belfast. Googel them, they come up on a search. It was cheaper than anyone else. I get a discount for being an IAM member (although it's less than the annual subs) and also I'm OLD (49 in September). There are advantages to having grey hair and being deaf :lol:

11. I've got a load of grey hair and I'm only 33! I need to look out for the "grey hair discount" tick box when I fill in my form at renewal!!! :lol: ;)

12. andysjt

andysjt

looks like cis is the cheepest for me £260 comp with 90 day euro cover & no excess
    not bad as i have a few naughty points

13. andysjt

andysjt

by-the-way
    thanks graham for the lead ,
    i didnt think to try cia

14. Rowly

Rowly

No!! you need to look out for,(just for men)or Grecian 2000 :lol:
    You and me both but I think i shall grow old gracefully :cool:

15. SteveH

SteveH

Can I join the grey hair brigade to?? I'm only 31 and it's coming along very nicely. Won't be long until I've got that silver fox look. Still I shave it all off so it doesn't bother me to much :)

Would be nice to get discount for it though. Take note insurance companies ;)

Steve

16. Rowly

Rowly

[​IMG]

I cannot find your cheap bike insurance!!

17. kingfixer

kingfixer

There is nothing the matter with a bit of grey hair, it's the distinguished look don't you know !! :lol: :lol:

18. Rowly

Rowly

It would seem riding fast bikes has an aging effect or is everyone just an old git
    like me, maybe I should of bought a Graphite grey bike to match my hair :lol:

19. I started going grey as soon as I aquired step children!! My Dad tells me that he went grey as soon as he had kids too.

20. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

If you read the lat 2 posts, you wouldnt have the faintest idea that this thread is about insurance lol. I'd rather have grey hair than no hair, its diminishing at an alarming rate!