675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by panoptikon, May 14, 2009.

1. panoptikon

panoptikon

Greetings fellow UKers. Only just found out about this site.
    Sadly I am old and have been riding since the 70's. I currently own 6 bikes, the 675, 4 meridan Triumphs and a Duke.
    Looking forward to chatting with you all.
    I like the dealer recommendation list, thats a good idea, although I will have to resist the temptation to slang off a certain south london dealer... metro....shhhhh you know who. :lol:

2. Rowly

Rowly

Hey panoptikon that will make two of us then maybe three with snuffy?
    Don't be put off by the young spunkers on here they are going to get old
    one day, they just cant see it yet :lol:

You've got a fine collection of bikes, get some pics on here, love to see em :cool:

As for the dealers hang em high if they are not worthy of good customer service :x

Any questions just ask, everyone on here is A1 Just watch that Fridge though he's
    one cool dud and fooo...king young as well :lol:

Anyway a massive welcome to 675cc :D

3. Welcome to the site. I'm starting to wonder what is old and what is classed as young. Admittedly, I was only born in the 70s but my kid sister tells me I'm very old now I'm in my 30s.

As for bad dealers, please do hang em high. If they can't be bothered to respect the customer who pays them for a service then they should be named and shamed till they are bothered and improve their quality.

4. Rowly

Rowly

At 20 we worry about what others think of us, at 40 we don't care what others think of us,
    at 60 we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all.

That sums it up onlyonewayhome :lol:

5. andysjt

andysjt

hi there , welcome to the forum ,
    age is no barrier to riding a bike just finished reading Ted Simons he started his second trip around the world when he was 68 back in 2001 , he is supposed to be touring around the uk this summer so he must be 75 / 76 by now so there hope for us all
    im 43 & was just about riding by 1980 at 14/ 15 ish though obviusly not leagal , susuki x1 50 CC of power 35mph flatout them was the days

6. SteveH

SteveH

Ditto, except my sister is older than me ;)

All my Grandad ever told me your as old as the woman you feel ;)

NICE!

Hi panoptikon, welcome along!

Cheers

Steve

7. CRAP, my wife's 7 years older than me, I'm now old before my time!

8. SteveH

SteveH

You win some, you lose some ;) lol

Steve

9. spike

spike

welcome panoptikon,

dont worry about your age m8, rowly is older than methausalah :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    young or old all welcome, good bunch on here, loads of advice , keithspurs does a really good lecture on how to adjust your torque spanner correctly after cleaning sprockets :shock: :shock: (only kidding keith lol :D )
    anyway ride safe dude and try and keep up with us young bucks :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D ;)

10. Rowly

Rowly

Well Spike if I reach the jolly old age of 969 I'll be well chuffed, and unlike you I'll get to
    ride into hyperspace in 3009 :lol:

11. panoptikon

panoptikon

Thank you for the welcome.

12. Hey up Pano,

What are your Meriden's? I've a 78 T140v sulking next to the 675. She's been undergoing a major refit for the last er... 4yrs but things have slowed down since the triple arrived ;)

Just need to redo timming and she's back ( that is assuming total rewire works :?

happy riding

13. panoptikon

panoptikon

1975 t140v thats been customized, fun for winding up the old guard at the TOC (needs a rewire lol)

1968 T120

1976 T160

1965 T110

have enough boxes to probably build another couple of bikes and a mock hurricane project I haven't been working on for years......

hope your rewire banished lucas.