675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

iPhone Forum Support

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Craig, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

Ok, seeing that Apple are invading the world with their smart products. I've been looking at ways on how to display this forum in a small smart quick format. One way is via an app called "Tapatalk". So far I'm integrating Tapatalk into the forum as a means of testing and to get user feedback on the idea.

Tapatalk is available in the Appstore for £1.79, the charging is with Tapatalk and not 675.cc. I'm a huge believer in things like this being 100% free however they plan to include push notifications in further updates so for example if you subscribe to a topic and someone posts to that topic, it'll be displayed on your phone similar to how a text message would be. I suppose support like this always comes at a price hence why I think £1.79 is reasonable as it's a one off fee. (just bare in mind tapatalk is early in it's release stage and features / bugs are still being worked out - though first initial use of it is impressive) :cool:

Currently at the moment through Tapatalk you can view this forum however there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out to enable posting and replying to topics and a few other minor bits. Really I'm just looking into feedback from you folks to the idea.

Below are a few images what this forum looks like in tapatalk:

Any feedback welcomed, and would this be of use to any member here?

2. Craig you don't need that app to go on the forum. It works fine without it on the safari Internet app. Imon my iPhone now.

3. Craig

Craig

I agree safari is good, does the job well. Though I find as soon as I'm out of 3G reception it takes a bit to load. I suppose having an alternative to loading it lightweight will cure my idle time :)

4. i only use my phone at home via wi-fi...google seems to do it ok...not sure id need this and not being a computer boff probably couldnt work it anyway :D

5. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I use safari on mine at the moment (well i would if i didnt break the screen! waiting for replacement as we speak) And that works fine except for low reception but the forum tool your looking at looks really good and has apples idiot proof userface so cant see why it wouldnt work.

Is it a one off app that allows access to several forums or will downloading it be 675.cc specific?

6. crj

crj

I'm just off to give it a go

7. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I wanna play. come on courier bring me my phone!!! :whaa:

8. crj

crj

Afer a couple of minutes use it seems to work quite well, am I correct in thinking that some boards aren't visible? ie. Announcements

Quick over wi-fi and3G, simple to set up, very readable, not bad for £1.79!

9. Craig

Craig

Yeah, some are listed some are not. The reason 675.cc is only on the search listing is due to our system being phpbb. They've only just started trying to integrate phpbb into the application and is early days whilst bugs are ironed out and apple wouldnt release the app into the store until all phpbb are search only. Fair play it'll be visible once phpbb works better within the application.

The application has been made to support any forum that has installed the plugin to the server. It looks and works really well with the iphone interface and is quick to load which is a plus! Hopefully not long until the post reply and new topic issue is resolved for this forum. :)

10. My wife's got an iphone, so I'll have a play on her's

11. I have no problem getting the board on my Blackberry Curve 8900 but I like the look of the tapatalk app. Available for Blackberry?

12. Craig

Craig

Not available for the Blackberry unfortunately :/

13. Now it should be ok to post and reply from tapatalk. Also you can do quote by tap the post you want quote :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

14. This is me posting from my touch on safari

15. Craig

Craig

16. :)

17. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Mine keeps crashing. But maybe that's why you've posted!?!

It seems to struggle to load the page, then bang, off it goes and closes down. Really annoying Grrrrrrrr hehe.

18. Yes, we're working on this issue.