675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

IrfanView?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by henrymc, Nov 11, 2009.

1. henrymc

henrymc

Hi,
    is anyone familiar with the IrfanView photo editing software?
    I am puzzled as I can do all the conversion using the JPG/JPEG format for both input and output images also the pictures are in JPEG format to start with, but then when I open the destination folder just for a split second I can see the pictures then they just go blank,I know its something I have overlooked in the settings someplace but as I am not clued up I do not know what I am doing wrong, any help would be appreciated,

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I'm very familiar with irfanview, I'm just not following what you're trying to do. So you have a jpeg image and you're using irfanview to edit it e.g. reduce size, crop etc... Then you're trying to save it as another jpeg file?

When you're browsing the folder view and the images go blank, sounds like more of a windows issue with the thumbs.db file not being created correctly in the folder. Also ensure you're using the latest version of irfanview which is 4.25.

3. henrymc

henrymc

yep Craig thats is what I am trying to do, I have the 4.25 version so I will look at the Thumbs.db file, thank you. :smileup:

4. Craig

I would personally delete the thumbs.db file in the folder, this will force windows to regenerate the thumbnails and hopefully get rid of the problem. There are other areas to try e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=192573 but use them as a last resort :)

5. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Craig got it sorted.
    Thank you for the help,
    Do not ask me what I did exactly, I just opened the thumbnails desk top icon and looked up file where the photos are and clicked it,
    Then when I went back and resized the photos in Irfanview it worked :wave:

6. Craig