675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

is this what our taxes are paying for

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by triple n, Aug 5, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

i am referring to the copper i saw in barnstaple today, riding a 600 blade, i think it was anyway...very subtley decked out in police livery....it just amazes me the lengths and costs they will go to just to nick a few speeding bikers, and it will be bikers and not cars as the uniform he was wearing was very non descript, add to that the decor on the bike and you wouldnt know he was a copper till you saw the flashing blues....damn sure the exhaust werent standard [email protected] me off :toss: :jaded:

2. andysjt

andysjt

it ant cricket is it ?

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Write to the Devon and Cornnwall Police Authority and tell them that you've seen the bike. Ask them how much it cost, why it has nonstandard zorsts, and how many speeding motorists it has caught so far and how many it is projected to catch. Say that you are asking for this information under the Freedom of Information Act. They will have to give it to you and then please post up on here :D

4. Sh't Nige - lucky them. Better than the usual BMW crap. I've never been pulled by the plod on bikes - always cars. Has anyone else been pulled by a bike? They are ok guys, well the ones I met during Bikesafe and at Paignton.

5. D41

D41

I agree Kev, the bike cops are usually OK - they know the score....except for for the guy who pulled me about a month ago....wrote me up for anything he could think of.....fortunately I have a 'friend' who will maybe take care of all the equipment violations for me.......seriously though - 62 in a 55......WEAK!!!

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

You don't still have 55 limits do you?

7. D41

D41

On a 2-lane highway -yes I think that's about the highest limit there is - freeways are usually 65mph...I think in Texas it's 75 or 80.

Anyway, we don't have the great old 'de-restricted' roads that you enjoy.....or used too, judging by last years drive from Essex to Skegness... :evil:

8. We've not had any de-restricted roads for as long as ive had a driving license, (27 years) and i cant remember any before that. If I recall correctly the speed limit was introduced when Carol (sp?) Shelby put a bloody big engine in an AC.

9. D41

D41

By 'de-restricted' I was referring to the country roads that have a 60 mph speed limit, you know, where instead of a speed limit sign there's just a white circle with a black diagonal stripe. I think the de-restricted designation comes from being able to drive anything on them, cars, bikes, tractors, flock of sheep etc. ;)

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Well moons ago the 'naional speed limit' sign did mean de-restricted and once you were out of the towns and cities and you saw the de-restricted sign, there was no speed limit and you could go as fast as you like, until someone went too fast and they made its 60 for single carriageways and 70 for carriageways witha central reservation. But as most of you are aware i'm sure, on the isle of man the de-restricted sign still means de-restricted so you can go as fast as you like