675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Its Here! (and its awesome!)

Discussion in 'General' started by StuRowcliffe, May 29, 2008.

1. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

Picked it up this morning, had to wait an hour for the valeter to finish, and when he did he didn't actually do that good a job! So i will have to give it a bit of a clean tonight! Not that i mind to much, gives me a chance to dote on my new baby a bit :D

This biggest thing i have noticed on the ride to work from the dealer is how light and quick steering it is in comparison to my duke, handling is sublime, it had a brand new set of Michilen Pilot Road 2CTs when i picked it up, and they grip so well, and give brilliant feedback, have had it over on its ear a few times on the way here, and was effortless in comparison to the duke, which required alot of work to get it over, it was well planted once there mind!

First impressions are i love it! Have attached some pics, which are in my work carpark, gonna head out into the forest this avo and get some decent ones! Will upload them when im done! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu

Welcome to the club.

One thing to watch is going into corners too hot. As the bike is so agile you can find yourself running a bit hot in corners. I caught me out and a lot of others have said it too. As the steering is quick a bit of counter steer sorts you out.

I've got road pilot 2's on mine and they've done 9.5k miles. They're still good for 3k around France. An awsome tyre to say I could toast a BT010 in 3k miles.

Ride safe and congrats once again.

3. Stu

Stu

Since it's the same colour as mine I think I'll clone your bike now I have your number plate and you can have all my speeding fines :D

4. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

D'oh i completely forgot about that! think i will have to delete that one and edit the photos when i re-post some better ones later on!!

As for the cornering, i will bear that in mind, it does inspire confidence, just need to keep it in check i suppose! :)

5. Stu

Stu

I can only remember hitting about 3 corners too fast. You do get used to it really quickly. :)

6. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Look's like the wait paid off... From the photo's looks amazing - still think that's one of the best schemes triumph have done for the 675! :)

7. Thaibite

Thaibite

Hi Stu R, glad to hear you're enjoying your new bike. It's a great when you get a new bike and bring it back to work. That feeling you get when you finish and see it in your parking spot :D

How did your ride go this aft?

Jean

8. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

Yeah it is a great feeling, i thought i was going to be a bit subdued as when i went to pick this bike up my old one had a for sale sticker on it! But it wasn't like that at all, was just excitement!

Unfortunately i got caught out in a massive downpour this afternoon, so the bike is now rather dirty :( but again it surprised me as to how good it can be in the wet, these tyres really are a step ahead of what i have used before! I am not to sure the top speed being recorded on the computer is a great idea mind, will have to convince the cops it was done on a trackday or something if they ever look! :lol:

9. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

10. Stu

Stu

Are you missing the duke yet? I think you are going to enjoy this bike! I'm on my second :D

11. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

Nah not missing the duke yet, the new bike thing has its hold on me, to be honest i dont see me missing the duke to much, bar the noise and the immediate grunt, the daytona can do everything the duke could, and the noise the daytona makes is just as lovely to be fair!