675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

its squeaking

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, May 3, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

only done 220 miles and its developed a squeak, annoying little eeek noise at about 4000 rpm...exhaust valve i think unless one of you know different...still, in for its first service soon so they can sort it then

2. Stu

Stu

Mouse needs feeding.

I'd put my money on the flapper valve. It's behind the air intake triangly bit on the nose fairing. Mine used to do it and I can confirm that it's very annoying :(

3. triple n

triple n

thanks stu, ill get a hammer to it :lol:

4. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

HAHAHAHAHA!

5. spike

spike

just increase the revs nige lol, or better still buy an avg stealth helmet i cant hear sod all in that helmet hahahahahaha :)

6. redfreddie

redfreddie

Just out of interest my bike does that to, Triumph told me they all do it and its not a problem, but it is annoying !! Should i be taking the bike back to Triumph and getting them to do something about it ? they said it was the butterfly valve or something, squeaks when opening up at around 4000rpm

7. triple n

triple n

sounds like mine..took the bike out for a jaunt yesterday, and i could still hear it over the engine and road noise and my personal stereo...im going to ask my dealer to look at it next wednesday when it goes in for service..my 07 never did it, mabe it was broke :D

8. Stu

Stu

You fecker, you've put a hex on my bike. Mine's got a faint squeak now which is doing my head in :(

When I bought the first one many years ago the dealers greased the flap and it stopped. I might try the WD40 and the straw.

9. Stu

Stu

Or just get some ear plugs. I don't usually wear them.

10. I'm investing in some custom jobbies V soon. I hate the dirt from you fingers that you transfer to the foamies and jamb in your ears lol...

11. triple n

triple n

why dont you just suck the goop off them before you shove them in :lol:

12. What ear plugs do you all use? I have not been using any but after changing helmets, it is a lot louder and I'm finding I have tinitus in the evening after a long ride.

13. The Fridge

The Fridge

cant remember the name of the Co. who make them (something like; (total) ear protection) but got my ear-plugs from the Birmingham NEC bike show bout 5yrs ago. uve prob seen them there.
    they were £80 back then, but they've been well worth it, just wash them with anti-bacterial soap and warm water when i get bac off a ride.
    there's a new type now that's been around for a while which r alot softer than mine and u wont no they're in.

i wud get some ear-plugs, whichever ones u decide asap, cos every ride u go on and ur getting tinitus is only ruining ur hearing for wen u get older, and u CANNOT fix tinitus once it gets too bad, just imaging having that sound in ur ears permanent.
    good luck OnlyOneWayHome

14. Stu

Stu

A Co. called something like Green Leopard make custom fit ear plugs.

15. burt

burt

fit the triumph race can , that will kill that noise , cant say i ve noticed it yet 1000 miles on the 09 bike , ear plugs are great , but i keep loosing the damm things !! , seriously though , most of the problems people report are pretty minor . the triumph can is pretty niosy , but a great sound .