675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Its Sunny!

Discussion in 'General' started by SV_Justin, Feb 11, 2009.

1. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

To my amazment, I woke up this morning and saw the snow has gone, the winter storms have passed, so brush off the cobwebs, blow away the dust, get ya leathers on on go for a ride!

2. Hope it lasts until the weekend. This working get in the way of playing!

3. Stu

Stu

I bet you don't live anywhere near me then. Still cold, damp and miserable. I'm still riding to work but that's my limit at the moment as it's grim up north. :(

4. JDB

JDB

......... and the roads are covered in salt - great - but it really does get everywhere on an engine block, and I don't fancy all that cleaning (fairings off etc), so will wait for some rain to wash it away and then some sun!

5. Rowly

Rowly

I admire your enthusiasm but I have to agree with JDB don't fancy all that cleaning,
    keeping the car clean is bad enough, so I shall be patient a little while longer :cool:

6. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

lol, fantastic day today! though the crap from the roads - was tough driving in my car with no washer fluids. Shame it ended in heavy showers of rain :(

7. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Ture, my bike is covered in salt and grime, and the roads are in a terrible state, but oh well i'll just have to spend all afternoon cleaning her

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Just had a great blast out and not a bit of ice, :D :cool: :lol: just got too de gunge bike tomorrow now just like Justin :?

9. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

4 hours later, all the salt is gone, everything is lubed up and squeaky clean. She looks in show-room condition again, for another 5 minutes anyway

10. Rowly

Rowly

Yesterday was a good day for a ride out, well East Yorkshire was,
    and it was great to see so many out on the A166 to a regular meet
    at Fridaythorpe, but not for me I'm afraid stuck in the car on the
    way to sunny Scarborough,it got me thinking not long now before
    the season starts yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

11. Stu

Stu

Would that be Sea Breeze cafe at Fridaythorpe? Is Tuesday a big day there? I've only been on a Saturday and last time I went it looked like it was slowly turning into a proper biker's cafe.

I've been to Knaresborough today and got wet. Tomorrow I'm off to Teesside to get wet again. A longer run so I must take some spare gloves :) If I get away early enough I'll have some fun by not using the A19 and going Northallerton, Masham, Beadale and Ripon. A fun ride even if it will be raining and I'll be getting 40p per mile :)

12. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Stu,
    Its called the Seaways Cafe and certainly gets a good turnout in summer.
    There are some good roads as well and some bad ones much to the sad
    demises of our biking friends ,there is a separate part called the Bike Shed
    but when I drove past on Tuesday the sign had been painted out so not
    sure whether its just that bit thats been closed and from the the dozen
    or so bikes that were parked up I still think its a favorite meet.
    Maybe the best would be the Milkbar at Sherburn-in-Helmet but
    there are always plod around checking speed and illegal cans
    No doubt you have been many times :?:

13. Hey, i'm from the very north east of Scotland (near fraserburgh, if anyone can be arsed googleing it)
    The roads yesterday were dry!!!!!! for the first time..... this year?
    maybe
    went into aberdeen and back, round trip of like 80 miles, brilliant....
    had forgotten how good the bike was after having a foot of snow everywhere for a couple of weeks, and wet and icy roads for the past 3-4 months, lol,

ali

14. Stu

Stu

Nice one. I'm ready to get wet tomorrow.:)

15. Stu

Stu

I was close on the name so I know where you talk of. We occasionally pitched up there when I did my IAM training. Now being less that 20 miles from the famous Milkbar, I do get there quite regularly. Only once been pulled and I did nothing wrong, just a spot check but a bike copper did follow my missus into the car park to discuss with her the over take on a solid white line. :)

16. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Ali,
    I have just Googled it and its a long way up there I believe your local industry is fishing?
    or that is until the twirps in Brussels got their way,the nearest I have any connections
    with Scotland is Kircaldy North East of Dunfirmline, I have relatives live there but never
    been. Glad to hear you are out and about after the crap weather, I bet you cant wait to
    get on the 675,maybe soon :)

17. Stu

Stu

I used to live a little further north in Haroldswick. It's about 14hrs passed Aberdeen. I once spent some time in Peterhead :( but there wasn't much to do there.

Do you ever venture south of the border Ali?