675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

jap

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, Apr 26, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

welcome back jap, hope you had a good time , look forward to thr pics

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

here here, welcome back! talking about back's... how did your back cope on the 675 on the long trip!? :)

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Thank you Andy & Craig. The back was fine even after sleeping on the floor for 4 nights. The ride was great and the tank back did a blinding job. I've posted pics at the end of the meet posting

4. Rowly

Rowly

Hey up Jap, who would of guessed you were back :lol: I hope you had a good
    tour , Craig's been missing you :D

5. Welcome back mate, glad to see you are back safe and sound

6. The Fridge

The Fridge

welcome bac Jap, hope u had a great time. how comfy was the bike for the long trip? and how many miles did u cover?
    my hols on the bike start 2wks on wednesday, 1st trip to Ireland for 6 days, estimate about 750-850 miles then I.O.M 3 days later for 4 days, estimate about 450-500 miles. can't wait!

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Fridge, the Gel seat was great and the tank back really hellped on the long days. Did 2800 miles in 6 days 657 on first day and 627 on last the rest were about 350 - 400 a day.

120 mph on motorways - 156 top in Deutchland playing with a 911 LOL

Luggage was supperb anyone wishing to borrow it jst let me know ;)

8. The Fridge

The Fridge

ta Jap, i'll c how comfy standard seat is soon enuf.
    wish i'd hav been there playing with a 911!

9. Stu

Stu

If you're a real good boy I may let you borrow my gel seat. I'm just around the ring road from you in Moortown.

10. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi Stu, ta 4 the offer. think my standard seat will get me by. want to c exactly how comfy it is 4 a wks riding, then decide if i need to buy 1. thanx agen.
    by the way will hav to meet up, may b Squires at the w'end sometime.
    P.s. i go over the Moortown roundabout on a mon and tue on my way to and from work. those days i work in Colton.

11. Stu

Stu

I'm just down Scott Hall Rd from there.

Jean and me honeymooned in Mull and only I had the gel seat at the time. Every time we stopped in the 350+ journey she wanted to swap seats. It really does make a difference. I wouldn't have done south of France without it. 960 miles in one go - grim :(

12. The Fridge

The Fridge

yeah i no Scott Hall Rd.
    tell u what, i'll do my Ireland trip on my seat, then may b if its ok with u, i cud borrow yors 4 the isle of man trip. how does that sound? then i can compare them.

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Did the Rochdale to Reams 657 miles in the day and the Gell seat was a dream. Love it. Get one bought Fridge best £50 you will spend on ebay. :lol:

14. The Fridge

The Fridge

that's a fair few miles. gel seat b definately on the cards with that sort of mileage.
    at mo mad rush to save for my hols, needing sum spendin money.

just got new tyres thru the post 2day, Pirelli Diablo's. £141 for the pair inc delivery from
    Buster's. £15 to get them fitted, not bad eh.

15. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Damn Good mate paid £300 fitted for my 016's best buy before the Tour.

Seat is well up on the list though if your doing miles followed by Heated Grips £65 from Hein Geirick.

Best two things I have added to Bike. We should try for a meet on Sunday at Squires Milk Bar Sure Stue and Chicken would be up for it :D

16. The Fridge

The Fridge

got them in the workshop now ready to b fitted next fri.
    the heated grips seem a gud idea cos just cant keep the fingers warm in winter.
    even with the H. Gericke Pathon gloves and thermal gloves underneath, still cold!

Yeah i'm up for Sunday at Squires, pass it round. 07870 650 105 is my no if needed.

17. I'll be there......er where is squires? I'm up early tomorrow for 6k service at west yorks trumpets. hope the rain holds off

18. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi chickenstrip, if u want to meet me we can ride 2gether to Squires, there's a great road to get there!

19. cool. lets do that....its good to race ;)