675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

JW RACING

Discussion in 'General' started by henrymc, Sep 1, 2009.

1. henrymc

henrymc

Had a chat with James Westmoreland yesterday at Cadwell also as it turns out his dad John (found that it was his dad later in the day) What a lovely lad he is and what a great result he had in getting another podium, made me think Here is a lad that is from this country, ride's a British bike and doing well into the bargin,
    all of us on here ride the road version of his bike we should be shouting his name for all to hear, when was the last time that any of you guys remember a British Rider on a British Bike get the results that he has? the last time i can remember was Steve Hislop on the Norton on the Isle of Mann, so i rekon we all should get behind the lad and hopefully he gets the recognition he deserves. ps have invited him to the 675.cc site. Hopefully he will join and we can would like to think all you guys agree with me,

2. totally agree mate...good call

3. spike

spike

i agree henry,
    i also think the likes of MCN should be doing a bit more to promote him also

4. Westy

Westy

Hi everyone.
    Thanks for asking me to join this forum and a massive thankyou for all the support and great comments.

It is a pleasure to be challenging for a British Championship on a British bike and what a great package I currently have. We only put JW Racing together 2 weeks before the start of the season, which did mean that the results were not there straight away, as we had missed pre season testing etc.
    JT Engine Developments (John Trigger) has done a fantastic job turning a very good sports bike into a Supersport race winning bike. I really cannot speak highly enough of what he has done.

With 3 rounds to go of the Championship I have a lot of points to claw back but I am going to Croft with one goal, to beat my championship rivals and close down the deficit. While there is still a chance to win the title I will not give up without a massive fight!!

I have a fantastic team around me and all the support from Triumph supporters and owners really does make a difference. Please feel free to visit my website, www.jameswestmoreland.com and if any of you manage to come to any BSB please pop in and say hello.

Thank you again

James

5. Good effort Westy. Thot you were robbed at Knockhill. Was dying to give my Japanese riding mates the message. good luck for Croft. Hope to be there giving my support to you and also young Alex Gault http://WWW.alexgaultracing.com in the Superstocks. :evil:

6. crj

crj

Oulton Park- 9/10/11 October - last round of British Superbike Championship

the dates are in the diary, anyone else going?

..and if you read this JW and want some images let me know and I'll turn up with the kit

7. jimjam39

jimjam39

Just looked at my shift rota, and yes I will go ! Its the first BSB meet I will have been able to get to all year :roll: .......and as its only up the road, well it would be rude not to :D

We could have a mini meet :D

8. kingfixer

kingfixer

Im off to Silverstone on the 27th so will be cheering for westy!! :D :D

9. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Westy, Glad to see you signed in here,
    Spike you gave me another idea why don't we try and get as many of the guys on here to send MCN a email each asking why the do not give BSS any colum inches, also other Triumph riders or maybe a petition?, perhaps Craig could make a thing like he has done for those who are attending the 675 get together. or am i getting ahead of myself? just seems the MCN is full of corprit crap, MCN like to organise a protest themselves, I could not find the BSS race results in the MCN for monday's race, but BSB results were in there, The must not have had any room, bless. :cry: also as responsable reporting they said in a item about Glen Ritchards that he was at Cadwell race day walking without crutches, well he was on the crutches when i spoke to him at 10-30am monday, MCN me thinks is akin to the News of the World or the Daily Sport without the :oops: - :oops: if you want a good fairy story then its your cup of tea,

10. Westy

Westy

Hi
    A1 Moto Services of York - Triumph dealership have come onboard as a title sponsor for the Croft meeting.
    They will be meeting at 7.30am to 8.00am 13th September to travel through to Croft.

Dont forget to drop in and say hello if you go to Croft.

Many thanks
    James

11. henrymc

henrymc

Congratulations Westy,
    on your first place today in the British Supersport at Silverstone, :up: :clap: :smileup:

12. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Well done Westy, great result

13. kingfixer

kingfixer

+1 :D :D I was cheering you on Westy trying to drown out the fat bird next to me cheering plater on :roll: :roll:

14. Westy

Westy

Hi
    James would like to thankyou for the support. Superb race at Silverstone and a new lap record! The Triumph 675 was awesome.
    His race report can be found on here http://www.jameswestmoreland.com/news.php?id=453.
    James is on his way to Magny Cours, on returning from WSB he will be straight to Oulton for the final round, hoping for more of the same!
    Thankyou.