675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

K-Tech RDS and DDS Pro spring rates

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by stamatisx, Jan 27, 2017.

1. stamatisx

stamatisx

I have a 2013 Daytona (not R) as a dedicated track bike and I plan to upgrade the suspension. For the forks I will go with the RDS cartridges and for the shock with the DDS Pro.

My first question is:
    • what should be the appropriate spring rates for the forks and the shock since I weight 114 kg (including gear)
    and my second question is:
    • if I install the linear suspension link kit from ukracesupport will I have to get a lighter spring for the shock?

2. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

I can't comment on the RDS front, currently using the DDS front with 9.5 (I'm 100Kg) as advised by K-Tech, sure they will advise you on correct spring rate. Initially I thought this would be way to light but it works.

Ran the DDS rear with the TRS linkage, You can keep the standard spring rate but you will have to reduce the overall length of the shock to keep the same ride height. I have for now reverted back to standard linkage, might play with the TRS again later on in the year.

3. Bigmac

Bigmac

Why have you gone back to standard Pablo?

4. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

Put the linkage on at the end of last year, however didn't manage to spend enough time dialling it in. Tried the trusted internet for data... but everyone had used the standard linkage. I've got some suspension guidelines/settings from Graham Cox again with a standard linkage so thought I would revert back to standard and try the settings and see how I get on.
    The linkage is really well made and I'm sure it can be set up, just need a bit more time.

5. Bigmac

Bigmac

Does it feel much different using? Do you know how much it changes the ride height? I'm Interested in getting one

6. Bigmac

Bigmac

Sorry for hijacking your thread stamatisx

7. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

PM sent.

8. stamatisx

stamatisx

Don't worry guys, it's related to my question and I am also interested to know that as well.

Also I 've sent an email to K-Tech with the same question about the appropriate spring rates for my weight and type of use but the only reply I got was just the address to a local dealer, nothing more nothing less.

Not sure if they don't want to disclose such info over the email or if I have to purchase them first and then they can tell me....

9. Speak with Colin at 100% suspension [email protected] he's the most helpful person regarding suspension and stocks all the bits you need. He also offers to setup services at track.

10. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

K-tech told me to stick to the standard linkage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. stamatisx

stamatisx

just an update.. for someone like me (114kg with gear)
    DDS Pro came with 105 spring
    RDS with 10.0 spring

The only thing that worries me, is that the place I got them installed didn't measure any sag to see if I am in the ballpark ... so I might have to do it myself...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bigmac

Bigmac

How heavy are you without gear? I am 92kgs without any gear on and i have just had a new dds rear, it came from ktech with 100 spring but I am going to try 105 as I think that is a little light
    I also run 9.5's in the front dds cartridges

13. stamatisx

stamatisx

100kg without gear
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

I'm 92-93kg (100Kg in gear). I have the same 105 on my DDS rear.

15. stamatisx

stamatisx

so 14kg extra shouldn't qualify for a 110N ?

16. Bigmac

Bigmac

This a grey area I think, I'm told a 100 is right but I'm on the cusb
    I know lighter lads running 105, not time to change before Spain now though so in dieting hard

17. stamatisx

stamatisx

Yeah I guess some diet wouldn't hurt me either :D

18. Pablo Pirate

Pablo Pirate

Is your bike squating under power Mac? Or just when your sat on it ;)

19. Bigmac

Bigmac

I will be able to tell you after this weekend mate
    Sitting watching the clock as going cartegena Wednesday
    I know it's a day away but I feel like I'm going to be reunited with an old Friend

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bigmac

Bigmac

I just feel it's soft as my Nitron had a 110 spring in it and I loved how planted that was
    Also my springs are 9.5's which I think is stiff, in my limited knowledge I would assume hard front end would exaggerate the symptoms of a soft rear