675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Lambda/O2 sensor eliminator

Discussion in 'General' started by Ff6022, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ff6022

Ff6022

Like the title, anyone used one?
    It’s a possible reason for my idle cut out (not having a lambda sensor)
    Wondered if anyone had experienced these issues and used an O2 sensor eliminator.

2. StephenP

StephenP

Had mine removed and blocked by UK race support then disabled it via tuneecu.

Though they did offer the bolt and plug to do the same thing

3. Ff6022

Ff6022

Here’s a question. If I have the lambda sensor blocked at the minute and turned of on tune ECU, when I plug on bk in Will the bike automatically recognise one there? Or does it have to be turned on again?

4. StephenP

StephenP

Would need to be turned back on, had mine turned off for a couple months with no issues with it being in.

Just be careful trying to get it out, it'll be majorly seized, mine snapped.

5. 6s3v3n5

6s3v3n5

Would it be correct to say there is no benefit to removing the O2 unless you are custom tuned?

6. Ff6022

Ff6022

It is already out pal.

Basically been having these idle issue since I had it tuned.
    Once warm idle rpm drops so low it cuts out.
    T3 solution was to increase idle rpm, this meant it was a bit shit to ride.
    I then took it to an independent triumph tech with a good rep. He serviced it and it then run beautifully but the idle issue returned.

Anyway had a charging issue recently, where by my RR was wreck along with wiring loom from stator.
    I was hoping this would sort my idle issue too.
    But upon riding home it hadn’t.
    Anyway I said this to the tech, he suggested my ecu could be have trouble learning to adapt without the lambda sensor.
    He suggested an O2 bypass but I figure the bike would actually need the lambda sensor in first to learn the issue then stick the eliminator in/turn it off in tune ECU.

Does this make sense to anyone that knows lol

7. StephenP

StephenP

Does make sense, I had a similar issue but the O2 sensor was present, so turning it off or using a plug wouldn't I think cause an issue.

My solution was to ditch the Idle stepper motor and fit a manual idle...

However I've now run into the weird 5k rpm wobble, which I believe is due to it not adapting correctly.

Having just put my bike back together that's my next problem to solve.

8. Ff6022

Ff6022

O man this is a headache.
    Funny enough I brought a manual idler but I was deterred by this tech saying they are a nightmare unless you know what your doing and that was enough for me to say, “I don’t know what I’m doing”.
    So I think my next step will be to run some heat cycles through, to see if it adapts. If not will but the lambda sensor back in. If I can find it, sure it’s still in the exhaust back at the old mans. Hopefully nothing wrong with it after a few hrs left off the bike. Run some heat cycles and prey to Hinckley.

9. StephenP

StephenP

It's a piece of cake to fit actually.

Just needs you removing the tank, air box and being able to get the throttle bodies out to turn them over to screw in the manual one.

If you can do that then it's an easy fit.