675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Last Monday...

Discussion in 'General' started by D41, Oct 30, 2009.

1. D41

D41

...I did my 2nd trackday, at Willow Springs International Raceway.
    I thought I'd share a few pics with y'all:

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_PA260378_01.jpg

Couple of pics of me in Turn 4;

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_2.jpg
    ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_3.jpg

...And apexing Turn 3;

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_expmanpl.jpg

....Note the "www.675cc" decal is clearly visible on the screen!!

Even managed to get Mrs41 out for her 1st trackday;

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_1.jpg

Her she is watching the action on the main straight;

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_PA260379.jpg

All in all had an awesome day...already booked for the 28th Nov. at WSIR, got the track bug, I guess. In fact I intend to go 'track-only' sometime in the New Year! :D :D :D

2. andysjt

andysjt

all right mate,
    nice pics, just wondered about the ramp ? do you ride it up the ramp or do you load from a shelf & just roll it down ?
    i have used a ramp before but three of us pushed it on as i was scared to ride it up ( it wasn’t a proper fitted ramp like yours to be fair )

3. SteveH

SteveH

That last shot makes the track look AMAZING!!!! Is it local to you D41. If so you are seriously lucky. My local circuits are Silverstone (boring at less than a ton EVERYWHERE built for F1 not 'lesser' vehicles, and Castle Coombe. Very fast circuit but completely ruined by the numpties that have moved house near to a racetrack then complained they can hear racecars so unless your running electric powered vehicles your to noisy and not welcome. Shame really but thats the mentality of the large majority of old codgers with to much money. If you ask me it's no different to moving in next to a pub and complaining when you find someone peeing through your letterbox at kicking out time, no common sense at all.

Cheers

Steve

4. D41

D41

Andy - just got this ramp so I'm still figuring it out...at my house I had my truck backed up to the curb where the street kinda goes down to the gutter so I was able to ride the bikes up. At the track the truck was on level ground, so the angle was a touch steeper..a guy helped me roll my bike up it but then he took off & I was able to ride the wife's bike up (albeit slowly!!). Unloading is a doddle - just back the bike down very slowly until the rear wheel is on the concrete & then let off the brake & coast backwards.

Steve - Willow is about 2 hours drive from my house, so not too local but well worth it IMO. California Speedway is only about 45 mins from my house but it's around $250 for a day - WSIR cost me $137-50 for the day for BOTH of us!!! (I did have some discounts :D ) Either way, $250 per head is a lot for a trackday.
    And yes, the track DOES look amazing..you can see about 80% of it from the pits. It's a VERY fast track, but with only 9 turns it makes it good for beginners like me to get used to the speed, learning lines, learning the track etc.

I wish I could say that this were me, but it gives you an idea;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43-4-452B0