675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Let me introduce my bike........

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by The Controller, Dec 16, 2009.

1. The Controller

The Controller

Well as I've introduced myself a little while ago I thought I best introduce the reason why I'm signed up here..........maybe there are some mods I have done and learnt from that can help anyone else.........
    It's an 06 Graphite model I bought new. My local dealer, Rafferty Newman ordered it for me before they even asked me about it. They know me so well.......... after strings of Triumphs, ('94 & 01 Speed Triple, Sprint RS, Daytona 650, T'Bird Sport, Daytona 595), as well as an 00 R1, '96 & 01 Blades, TRX850, ZX7R............(take a breath) I reckon this is the best bike I have ever had.....testament being that it is now coming up to 4 years old and I don't intend to sell it. I like the odd track day, fast road riding and annual trip to 'French' France so it sees a range of uses.
    So here's what I've modded on it......

* Ohlins rear shock (nice bling but I'm not good enough to appreciate it)
    * Matris Fork internals (see above),
    * Full ZARD Exhaust (superb! Weight moving away from back end makes it feel really nimble and even lighter - highly recommended),
    * HID Lights (Brighter than sun),
    * Hyperpro Damper (better than standard with a much smoother action - seems to improve direction changes),
    * TuneBoy (ooooooohhh the power to play with your bikes brian),
    * GB and R&G Crash protection (better safe than sorry),
    * Pazzo Levers (look nice but on top of this I find the short leavers far more comfortable),
    * HM Quickshifter (GREAT bit of kit - faster on track and soooooooooo much fun),
    * HM Race Dash (fitted but not yet tried in anger - lovely bit of bling and VERY powerful. Full write up next year),
    * Watsen Indictors (oh so nice. Beautifully made and should be made as standard),
    * Triumph Alloy Brake reservoirs,
    * Black Gilles Rear sets,
    * Carbon this 'n' that including tail unit.(Some fine CF from a guy I have found on EBay - RLA Developments . Top stuff at good prices. Watch this space for a FULL road body kit).

As I have said - if anyone wants help or advice on fitting any of this gear let me know......I've already cursed and moaned at my errors!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

All I can say is........Wow ! I take my hat of to you sir :clap:

3. Can we have some pics pretty pls?

4. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Controller looks like you have been a busy boy, glad to see someone else has gone the rout of the Zard.
    Did you have the Zard powder coated as I have not seen one in black, looks great, my 675 was a 06 graphite before I had it sprayed, see my photo album for how my bike looks now,

5. The Controller

The Controller

Hi Henry - I LOVE the colours you've sprayed yer bike. I intend to follow a whie theme once I have the CF bodywork. Probably involving having the CF showing through where the 675 decal should be.
    Yours is a bit MV colour which is no bad thing. Well done.
    As for my Zard - I bought it like that. It's ceramic coated. I ordered it when they first came out a few years ago. In some ways I wish I had ordered he full Titanium version as I don't think they make them anymore. I lost the baffle recently ( I find it a little too loud otherwise - I know 'woose') and Speedycom were ace providing a replacement. It arrived within 2 days and at a reasonable price.

6. The Controller

The Controller

I'll have to find / do some d8.......any requests?

7. henrymc

henrymc

Funny never saw the similarity between my bike and the color layout on the MV until you said it Controller but looking at it now I can see where you are coming from, my idea was to make a similarpaint scheme to the old Triumph Tridants, hence the Tridant on the fairing,
    I had heard somewhere that you had to have the race loom fitted to put a quick shifter on a 06 675? how did you fit yours?

8. henrymc

henrymc

PS what did Speedycom Quote you for the baffle for the Zard, Controller?
    My Zard is the 102db system but you can put the road legal baffle in it,
    I love the howl of it but I should have a baffle to hand in case I get a tug,

9. Hi Controller, welcome to this forum. I'm sure you will be made most welcome as I have been. You may remember we met up at the Benson ARD just as you were putting yours on a trailer. I was the one with red and white track fairings, slicks and side stand! I still hadn't got over what you had done to it last time, but now with lashings of carbon as well.... flipin' luverly! I had a thought about a full fairing, but I think you are going to get there before me! Can't wait for the pics...

L,P&B

Colon

10. spike

spike

love the carbon tail unit, it looks ace close up ;)

11. The Controller

The Controller

Hi H.... I have an HM shifter which comes with a bike specific section of loom that fits between the plug coils and main loom. Pretty straight forward to fit, once you get the tank off which can be tricky decoupling the fuel line!
    I have to hold my hand up to say I am a big fan of HM gear. Gareth Hopkins (Mina shareholder and developer) is such an amiable guy and so helpful. He always turns out quality products and stands by them. Service second to none.

12. The Controller

The Controller

Course I remember you - shame I had to go early. Shame all of the go faster goodies on my bike don't make me go any faster :lol: Still I had a good time at Benson and managed to hold out against the road going 1000's. Did you see that guy on the slick shod DUke? He almost had his elbow down after passing the 'pits'.
    The oil leak I had turned out to be from the race cam tensioner. The 'O' ring fitted to it wasn't up to the job. I should've gone for the official Triumph version. Still no great shakes just removed it and dipped into the O ring kit. Now it's all hunky dory.
    Hope to catch up in 2010.

13. Very impressive list of extras, particularly to someone like me who's technical expertise extends to checking the fluid levels and tyre pressures! Any reason you don't have a slipper clutch? Am lined up to do various track days in spring and I thought it sounded like a pretty good - but expensive - idea to get one fitted.

14. The Controller

The Controller

Hey Trevor - I did wonder about a slipper clutch but as I have done more miles I seem to have got used to being at the right engine speed vs wheel speed so don't seem to have many problems. I quite fancy getting the tools out to put one on and set it up mind.
    I'll post if I do it and maybe take some fitting pics.

15. henrymc

henrymc

Glen Richard won the 2008 BSS without using a slipper clutch on his 675 and Westy only used one for the last couple of rounds on his 675 this year, makes you wonder does the 675 really need one for racing?
    As for using one on the bike on the road? :erm:

16. The Controller

The Controller

I do agree H.
    I thought I would go for it as I fancied a challenge tinkering with the machine. Love getting the spanners out .... :D
    Neil McKenzie reckoned it needed one at the launch but I'd have to disagree. Still I'm not a racing whizz.....

17. ram675

ram675

controller why a tune boy and not a pc111 or are they the same.im looking to get 1 of them..
    bikes lookin serious by the way..

18. The Controller

The Controller

Hi ram - I was going the way of the PCIII as it was all I knew that was on the market. It is an additional 'box o tricks that sits between the bikes ecu and ultimate secondaries and 'modifies' the signals appropriatley to control them.
    'TuneBoy' consists of software and a cable. The software you load onto your lap top and the cable connects from your USB outlet into your bikes ecu direct. The software then allows the ecu's settings to be modified directly.
    Reson I chose the latter was that it seemed neater than having an extra pice of hardware on the bike. Wayne, the Aussie chap who owns / develops / codes tuneboy is a Triumph buff so knows his stuff.
    The standard tunes from Triumph are available free on his website so it is always easy to return settings to standard.
    I also do my own servicing so I can check any errors etc on the ECU at the same time.
    Downsides of TuneBoy is that not many people in the UK know how to use it effectivley - me included..... lol. It does however permit you to 'borrow' tunes from elsewhere in the world and load them yourself. There are plenty of people that seem to have an in depth knowledge of it. I also believe it is possible to use a PCIII tune and modify it with the TB to be downloaded. I've yet to try this out so if anyone has a PCIII tune for a 675 they want to pass to me :)
    Both are clever stuff!
    My advice.........go with what you are comfortable with. I like the TB because I can do things myself. The PCIII is well supported in the UK so it may be the better option here.
    Hope this helps.

19. I like the idea of a Tuneboy and spoke to one of the salesmen at a Triumph dealers and he said that Triumphs position was to go with the PC III. He explained why but to be honest it was a little bit beyond my technical knowledge and it was about a year ago so ive forgotten most of it anyway. :(

20. ram675

ram675

cool cheers i was going with pc3 but was jus wondering about tb as i heard a bit about it.nice1 mr controll