675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

light reflectors

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, Apr 16, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

talking to bennets insurance today about my Impending trip to France just to make sure im fully covered
    thay ran though a few points, GB sticker , hi vis vest , original docs & head light reflectors

dose this apply to bikes ? if so does anyone know how to get them ? sorry for my ignorance its the fist trip to europe on bike

cheers Andy

2. Hi Andy,

My bike went to France to be sold originally but then it came back and they had to change the lights from RHD to LHD, so this must be an issue.

As for where you can get the reflectors from, not too sure on that one mate!

3. Rowly

Rowly

Andy, I believe if your dipped headlamp points straight down there is no need
    for a deflector, however if they are dipped to the left then they would be required

4. Rowly

Rowly

It would appear most folk use black adhesive tape to cover the blinding part
    of the headlamp

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

...exactly what I do. Very simple, no cost solution.

6. Graham H675

Graham H675

u will need a beam deflector as the dip beam kicks up to the left put bike faceing wall best as if u where on it with light on and u will see the beam pattern stright edge that then on the left side kicks up u need to lose this kick up and make it all level. so get ur tape out and play lol

7. andysjt

andysjt

cheers lads & or lasses i will get me tape out sounds like the easy way to do it
    thanks andy

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:lol: After 12 years in Germany I can tell you as long as your on the move, keep your head down most EU countries are OK without the tappe on the bike. The law in Germany states , 5 liters of fuel, high vis vest, Un Opened First aid kit warning Triangle and High Vis for ALL passengers ie. 2 to 10 (if in mini bus). Personally never carried anything, wrode a UK CBR 1000 for 3 years and a ZXR L2 for 2 years and never added taape or anything. Never stopped once. Well not for my lights anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Original log book, Insurance & tax disc YES!!! Tip take a letter from your insurance company with address, numbers and email now. Ever tried explaining to an irate foreigner your insurance is un UK :oops: Very frustrating I'll tell you. :(

So to recap, All above docs, Lights fine, GB sticker pick up free at port!!! Just ask and the ferry guys will give you one, which will be "blown off Officer" :lol: :lol:
    1 Litre bottle of fuel in tank bag & have fun.............................

When & where you going Andy? If its this week may see you over there............ mind it is a Big Place :D :D :D

9. andysjt

andysjt

going on euro star from folkstone to callies -to- albert ( somme battle field ) -to- la port ( pagassis bridge )-to -
    normandy landing sites - to - honflur - to - callies

not going till mid may so go a bit of time to sort stuff

10. Stu

Stu

I did France last year and never bothed with taping the headlights. Not a problem. Finding a GB sticker to fit the number plate was though. Print this one of and in true Blue Peter fashion - get the sticky backed plastic out.

I would either take your spare key and alarm fob (if you have one) or at least put a code on the alarm so you can disable it in a crisis. Jean lost her's on our France trip but luckily in caught in the faring.
    [​IMG]