675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

managment light

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by triple n, Dec 22, 2008.

1. triple n

triple n

hi guys and merry christmas, i have just fitted a scorpion end can to my baby, thought id start her up to see what it sounded like and nothing on the start button...plugged her into my optimate overnight and she started, but the managment light is now on..is there a way of getting it to go away or do i have to drag myself off to a dealer...thanks in advance again and by the way, the scorpion doesnt sound much different to the standard pipe, which i thought was a bit crap so ill have to take the baffle out, but it does look good...p.s..happy new year

2. Stu

Stu

Normally running the engine up to temp three times with the fan coming on will reset the ecu. If it still doesn't go off then the favourite fault is the exhaust valve actuator. If it's the exhaust actuator then you can hear it going mad when you switch on.

3. triple n

triple n

nice one, thanks stu :D

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Nigel,

Just a thought, I have just put the Sports Can on my baby and it needed remaping? Cost £25 and has saved me that much already in fuel as it was running rich. May be worth a trip in to local dealer?

Have a Great Christmas................ OH and this is my first ever post on here so hope it helps. Jap.

5. triple n

triple n

thanks jap, the guy at the n e c who sold me the pipe said it was a straight swap over with no change to the map, but he also said it was an easy job to do and it took 4 hours, right pain in the arse, so i think ill run it to the dealers in the new year an get it checked..thanks again an a merry crimbo to you and yours too

6. triple n

triple n

i was on the way to my local dealer and the stupid thing went out of its own accord, so i went for a jaunt instead..fingers are still frozen stiff...roll on summer : :cry:

7. Why is it that when someone wants to sell you something it is always a straight swap and a five minute job. I bet if you went to the same person and asked them to fit it for you it would be a sharp intake of breath before they told you it was going to be 4 hours at £60.00 an hour.

Midgeman.

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

One Great thing about the Sports Can, 25 minutes from taking the seat off to Cracking the Beast back up and putting the seat back on. :cool: That includes fitting the Carbon rear too ;)

I like the new Arrow Can thow :cry: :evil: :twisted: mmmmmmmmmmm but £475 Ouch ... all in Febs BIKE Mag

9. triple n

triple n

wish i could afford one, i'll keep the scorpion for now..