675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Manual idle adjuster

Discussion in 'General' started by Ff6022, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Ff6022

Ff6022

As the title, does anyone have/know of any comprehensive fitting instructions.
    Thinking of fitting it an being done with my low idle cut out issues.
    Also anyone no of any negatives? Can I fit this and leave the idle stepper in place and active?
    I spoke to someone at T3, They said yes and then I adjust it manually when warm and then I wouldn’t have to touch it again. As the stepper will deal with the cold start RPM(as that’s fine) and then the manual adjuster will stop the idle dropping too far at warm temp.
    Make sense?
    Ideally I would love to just solve the issue rather than hide it but just can’t figure it out.

2. StephenP

StephenP

Does make sense, actually thinking of trying that with mine.

I fitted the manual idle and removed/disabled the idle stepper but ended up with the 5k rpm wobble.

Even after countless cycles and resets I had it mapped to try and smooth it out at T3 and I can still feel it, even changed the TPS.

But yeah, can see why and how the idle would stop it going too low.

It's an easy fit, tank off, airbox off and pull the throttle bodies out and flip them over, should be easy to work out where the manual idle goes.

3. Ff6022

Ff6022

Cheers for the response pal.

What’s cause this 5k wobble?

It’s frustrating that this seems to happen a lot but there isn’t a clear cut reason.

It’s shows in the instructions you put an M5 and retaining pin thing. But it’s not in the packet,
    You don’t have to remove it from the stepper do you?

4. StephenP

StephenP

5k wobble is linked to resetting the adaption, did it countless times along with heat cycles.

No idea about the M5, as you turn the throttle bodies over I think there was a but there, but you just remove it and screw the manual idle in

Actually just fitted both to mine, waiting till the wife comes home to borrow her phone to turn stuff back on and set it all up.

But looking at it the manual just needs to stop the idle going low enough to stall, simples.

5. Ff6022

Ff6022

Are the throttle bodies easy to take off? I’ve been down to the spark plugs before and that easy enough. But removing throttle bodies is there anything to be wary of? Will remove, fit, replace enough? Don’t need to do anything after on TuneECU?

6. StephenP

StephenP

Piece of cake, getting to the left bolt to undo the clamp is a pain but easily doable. The other two you go in from the right and use an extender to get to the middle one.

Once out just put some kitchen roll in each hole to block them, just incase you tend to drop things.

Other than that it's fairly straight forward

7. StephenP

StephenP

Oh yeah, while it's out do the TPS adjustment in tuneecu as you'll have access to the bolts, they're security torx ones.

8. Ff6022

Ff6022

If this has been done recently, is it necessary to do this? Heard it’s a ball ache with the manual idler

9. StephenP

StephenP

Should always do a heat cycle or a reset whenever you tweak something

Having just done mine I've now learned having the manual idle in makes setting up the TPS a piece of cake, just adjust that till it gets the correct voltage at .6, which is what you don't want it to drop below, the manual idle should cure that.

The idle motor is straight forward followed by a quick reset then out it back together.

10. Ff6022

Ff6022

So got all the stuff today.
    So I’m clear.
    Fit the manual adjuster.
    Then do a TPS reset/test?
    I was playing round with TuneECU and got .61v on the TPS but I didn’t go any further as got scared lol.
    I also got these show up.
    Error code as photo, but what sensor? Should I just reset and should be ok.
    IMG_3192.JPG

Also the Map. I assume that’s my custom map from T3?
    IMG_3193.JPG

If it is how do I show it?
    Just to clarify I am using android phone with Bluetooth connection.

11. StephenP

StephenP

You can't download or upload maps with the Bluetooth adapter, only via cable.

Checked the error you got and it says something with the ecu, though it could be a simple connector in the loom.

However a google search did point to the error and stuttering/stalling issues on some bikes.

12. Ff6022

Ff6022

Ok, cheers StephenP. But what what sensor is it?
    That’s good to know bout the map as don’t wanna change it

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  13. StephenP

StephenP

Honestly I have no idea.

Google turned up the error and various issues possibly linked to it.

But some solutions that some used was replacing the ECU which isn't ideal I know.

A trip to a dealership may be needed if you're worried about testing such things.

14. Ff6022

Ff6022

Cheers pal. Thanks for your help. I will clear it and see if it comes bk I think.
    Just paid a big bill out on it

15. If removed a few items it would be a few

P1698 is a circuit to ground issue if I remember correctly.

Let us know if you are able to reset the TPS correctly as many have had issues resetting adaptation with a manual kit, without the idle motor in place

16. Ff6022

Ff6022

Exactly why I’m worried bout doing it. If I put it on I will leave the stepper in place and on

17. Ff6022

Ff6022

I cleared the error code and it hasn’t come bk. think it was from wen my indicators stopped working because one of the crimp connection came apart on the relay.