675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Maxxis Tyres

Discussion in 'General' started by Cooler king, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Cooler king

Cooler king

I've bought a set of Maxxis sport tyres for my 675 replacing the BT10's that were on her, Hope they are as good as has been suggested not looking for a lot of miles from them just want them to keep me sunny side up , as long as the saving in tyres doesn't cost me a fairing or worse ;)

2. it'll be interesting to hear what you think of them.

3. Stu

Stu

I seem to remember my SV a few years ago having Maxxis tyres on. They were cheap and awful. Having said that, their sports tyres do seem to be rated.

I can't get over my Road Pilot 2's and getting 12,000 miles out of a rear :) a BT010 would last 3 - 5000 miles so they are defenately value for money.

4. Cooler king

Cooler king

Had the tyres on for around 100 miles thoughts are : good grip , bike drops into corners better prob cause i was used to the squared of rear ,bike was on BT 10's . for £100 i'm not expecting them to last more that 3k but i'm well happy with them :) giving a lot of confidence so far

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I had a set of Maxxis Tyres before, (not out of choice I would like to add!).
    They were OK for general riding around town. However if you are feeling playful, do yourself a favour, cough up a bit more dosh and buy some decent tyres made by a decent make. I had no confindence in leaning the bike over with these tyres on. They were very slippery and didnt give any feedback.