675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Meets 2010

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Edski675, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Hey folks, 2010 is only 26 days away!!!!!

And it won't be that long till we can all start riding again... nice long days, warm tyres, grippy tarmac, and great fun :D

So in anticipation of my visor covered in flies and actually being able to wear the mesh gear I bought from Jap, I'm working on a calendar of rides for the next season. We got a few lined up already - well more than a few in fact :D

Perhaps you have some ideas? Some place you've always wanted to go, you might have seen it on here, just say. It's always good to go with a group, maybe we can organise a ride there. Even with a camping trip, maybe...

So sing out peeps!!!! Just so's you know, what I have in mind is:

Abersoch via Bala, Harlech and Barmouth
    Euro trip
    South Shropshire and Powys
    Mid to North Wales - Rhayader, Elan Valley, Llanidloes, Mach, ABerdyfi, Tywyn, Dolgellau - and wherever else
    Central England (probably around Warwickshire)

These are of course all failry close to home for me.

And we need to organise the Fest!!!! Any ideas peeps on where? I think some place south or noerth, we had it in the middle this year, so we need to have a change.

Andysjyt is planning a trip up the old A1.

Would love to hear from everyone - where would you like to go? Can we do a 675 ride there? Share it, it'll be great fun :D

2. andysjt

andysjt

going to holland as well next year ,if anyone wants to come

3. Wonder if we could have a calender on the forum then people could post planned rides/trips they intend to do, and wouldnt mind company from others on here, on that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there’s a band of you that want to venture to Sweden, you will be rewarded with superbly maintained empty roads and a very pro bike population. My garage is big enough to fit a decent number of bikes and you can either doss on the floor, local B&B or if you feel lucky you can seek out the mythical/stereotypical blonde Swede!

I have made the Sweden – UK trip a few times and it’s an easy enough trip

PS: depending on work commitments I will try and make one of the Euro meets next year.

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

What way would you go from Sweden to the UK? Wiggling around the continent the france, belguim, holland, denmark? That sort of way?

I've never really considered Sweden for a bike trip, well i've never actually been there. I could imnagine it could be quite a breathtaking place to ride

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a few ways to get to Sweden from UK and they are;

Ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg (Denmark) followed by a ride to Sweden via a bridge connecting the countries.

Ferry/train to France, followed by a ride to northern Germany (briefly entering Belgium & Holland) and either take a ferry to Denmark or Southern Sweden.

This year I have made 3 return trips to UK, twice by car and once on the bike.
    My preferred route is southern Sweden – northern Germany – road to Dunkirk onto blighty.

It sounds far but its about 650 miles from Dunkirk to Sweden depending on what route you take.

7. D41

D41

Really? - How long is the bridge??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually a 4km tunnel, 4km artificial island and an 8 km double deck bridge with cars/vehicles on top and trains on the bottom.
    Completed in 2000 between Copenhagen in Denmark and Malmo in Sweden

Google earth - oresund bridge

9. andysjt

andysjt

yes it featured in top gear last series

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Yeah its pretty spectacular! Does it ever get warm in sweden? I can just imagine it being cold all year round lol!

11. paws

paws

What about a 675.cc trackday??

12. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

13. D41

D41

Can we have it close to my house???

14. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

It may take a while to get there!

15. henrymc

henrymc

Had thought on a meet in Matlock Bath, Its pretty central for east and west coast people to meet.
    I have only been a couple of times but love it there, Loads and Loads of lovely bikes, and now I see that SiW lives near there, maybe you could point us in the direction of some good roads SiW, in the area.
    That the Law and the day trippers don't use so much :?:

16. andysjt

andysjt

the roads into matlock have all been reduced to 30 / 40 's & are heavily policed in the summer ,i stopped go so often now as it’s not an enjoyable ride , but still go at least once a year just to see the bikes , in high summer you will struggle to park even on a bike , the best time to visit in summer , i have found ,is Saturday teatime get there about 6ish nice cooling ride back around 9.30 not many cops around then ......ummmm nice
    But a sunny Sunday morning in high season ...not for me thanks

17. paws

paws

Met at ace cafe
    Meets/runs to boxhill
    run to brighton
    trackdays

18. :p
    Hmm but most of us are up norf i fink ;)

19. paws

paws

Run to sherwood forest (did it with my local R.A.T pack and some awesome roads)

20. North yorkshire moors in the pennines, great roads and far less cops than cat and fiddle and matlock bath areas.