675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

mid weekish

Discussion in 'Meets' started by spike, May 9, 2009.

1. spike

spike

anyone free for a ride out midweek, wednesday or thurs???
    im on weekend shifts at the moment so stuck with playing out in the week. :shock:
    anyway give me a shout if anyones free, dont mind traveling a bit (within reason lol) or prepared to meet half way.
    :D :D :D :D

2. im free all week mate. any day you fancy is good for me.

3. spike

spike

nice one keith , how about wednesday and thursday lol weather permitting :D
    i will be out on both days m8
    where are you? are you in market drayton ? let me know and i will pm you my phone number m8.
    kind of new to shropshire area so only know around the A5 area so i dont mind where we go im open to suggestions ;)
    did bala, horseshoe, corwen and betsy coed last week which was good fun :D :D :D

4. a couple of miles outside it i am. i dont know the area to much either. ive only lived here 18 months and have spent half of that away. wednesday or thursday is good. the weather is supposed to be good all week.

5. spike

spike

cool wednesday it is then :)
    shall we say 10.30 am?
    i dont know if you know any cafes to meet at in the area
    the only one i know is the one at gledridd roundabout on the A483 :oops:
    oh and the ponderossa on horseshoe lol
    only been in shropshire since feb :shock:
    i can head over to your way if you fancy tearing up the peak district lol :D
    anyway i will pm you my mobile keith

cheers
    mike

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Suggest you meet at The Raven cafe - roundabout of A41/A49 - easy to get to for both of you.

Then take the A41 north, A495 to Ellesmere, onto the A528 through Overton and Ruabon and up the Pondy, turn right out of there to the roundabout (NB - the road surface is diabolical), down to Corwen, on to Bala on the A5/ A494, and back over the tops - can't remember the road name - comes out on the A483 about 2 - 3 miles below Mile End Roundabout at Oswestry. That would be a great ride.

There, sorted :D

7. I may be able to join this ride on Wed (My outlook diary says I'm free but my blackberry says I'm in a meeting, so will have to confirm). Admittedly I've not been back riding for long, so I'm not the fastest!

8. spike

spike

thanks for the suggestion edski sounds like a plan :D
    dont worry about being fast one way home im still breaking my bike in anyway so i aint doing mach2 with my arse on fire just yet lol :lol: so more the merrier as far as i am concerned.
    the raven sounds like a good idea keith what do you think.
    let me know if your joining us one way home and we will head further north to meet you m8 :D :D :D :D
    how about you edski, can you sneak out of work lol ;)

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

You don't give that impression :mrgreen:

11. The raven is good for me spike.

12. spike

spike

ok shall we say 10.30 am at the raven on wednesday and take it from there ;)
    and if only one way home or anyone else wants to meet we will adjust the meet up accordingly :)

13. I'll know at some point in the morning. So will let you know.

14. ok spike sounds like a plan

15. spike read "dont do what i did" inmaintanence and tech help. ill keep you informed about wednesday.

16. spike

spike

ouch keith really sorry to hear about the sprocket mate, gutted for you :(
    if you cant make wednesday dont worry i will be out thursday as well if you can make it, :D :D :D
    if not we will take a rain check ;)
    hope it doesnt set you back too much cash wise m8

17. spike

spike

how about you one way home you or any one else free to tear up the countryside mid week lol :)
    :):)

18. Sorry, I wont be able to make it now. I have to go to a meeting.

CRAP

19. it'll hopefully be fixed today if they could get the studs out. ill let you know.

20. spike we're back on again. my bike is fixed. still 1030 at the raven?