675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

mirrors

Discussion in 'General' started by spike, Apr 29, 2009.

1. spike

spike

just a quick question for my learned brethren
    does anyone know where i can get some sort of extensions for my mirrors as they are less than useless and i can see sweet f**k all out of them :shock:
    as usually any advice will be most welcome

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Some on here have fitted Daytona 600 mirrors - the stalks are a bit longer. personally yes it is a problem, I can see more in the nearside mirror than in the offside, but I don't like the longer stalks so I haven't done the mod.

3. SteveH

SteveH

I've found that compared to my last bike the mirrors are quite good on the 675. However, I developed the habit of lifting my elbow and looking between my arm and body to see through the mirrors on my last bike and keeping the tradition up I find it works excellently on the 675 so no need for longer stalks.

Just a thought but might save you the hassle of trying to source different mirrors.

Hope it helps

Steve

4. andysjt

andysjt

d600 mirrors are hard to find been looking on ebay for some but ant seen a pair yet ,
    i have got a design for an exstention link made from aircraft grade aluminium oxi black coated ,was going to make a sample but havent had time to look at it yet this year

5. I have D600 mirrors on mine, it is a vast improvement, I got a second hand one left hand of off e-bay & a new right one. £120 for a pairs a bit steep!

6. The Fridge

The Fridge

hey spike, u can see sweet f**k all out of yours?
    that's funny cos i can see the whole of my elbows and fore-arms in mine :lol: :lol:

7. Stu

Stu

Learn the chicken dance. That's how to use the mirrors.:) Or ride so fast that there's no chance of anything being behind you :D

8. JDB

JDB

Keep looking on Ebay and the D600 forum (www.daytona600.org/) - where I got a set for around £20ish - see my post elsewhere for pics.

9. spike

spike

hahahaha omg i have a hard enough time trying to look cool on my d675 without looking like a chicken having a fit lol :)
    looks like i will have to trawl ebay for some d600 replacements
    its the thought of a police car behind me while im going mach 2 with my arse on fire and not being able to see them that worries me hahahahaha

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

As said before............ "if its behind and not flashing Blue - F***k It" It's where it belongs, behind you :ugeek: