675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

More sneaky coppers

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBoulton, Jul 4, 2009.

1. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

This is just a heads up really. I saw a bike pulled by an undercover cop car the other day driving through Devin on the A38. It was a new black Volvo estate with blacked out windows. Only sign it was a cop was the lights flashing in the back window as it was sat on the hard shoulder. Sneaky buggers. :x

2. spike

spike

i agree there getting worse :evil:
    check out mark macs pic of the un marked fireblade parked at the ponderosa cafe at horseshoe pass, the only indication is tiny lights adjacent to the number plate :eek: :shock: :shock:
    maybe we should have a name and shame link on the forum of unmarked vehicles operating in the area the forum members live in ;)

3. they are using a silver beemer aswell

4. D41

D41

Gettin' sneaky over here too, using unmarked Chargers & whatnot :toss:

5. Graham H675

Graham H675

been useing unmarked scoobies, evos, old volvo 850 t5, even a land rover not seen many unmarked bikes though

6. RICH675

RICH675

Plenty of unmarked cars around North West, mainly Vauxhalls.
    Take care if riding into or around the area

7. There is a silver 3 series in south lancs and a black golf the runs on the M58

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got pulled over by a black Volvo in Brecon for an educational chat due my non UK plates.
    Decent enough copper to be honest and I learned a lot :)

9. graycat

graycat

I got pulled last night on the A1 by an unmarked silver BMW 5-series (I think). Nice chaps all round and very kindly gave me 3 points ...... for style, I think. :lol:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch, I think it worked out for me as Im not a UK resident anymore and the only option was to arrest me, march off to the magistrates on Monday as the only ID I had on me was a credit card!
    (He did do DVLA check on me to make sure I had held a UK licence.)

11. graycat

graycat

Not really as I was doing about the speed of heat. Court visit would have meant lost licence so I'm very happy with 3 points + £60 fine. Obviously wasn't paying enough attention so deserved to be nabbed IMO.

12. andysjt

andysjt

Well Mr. Grey cat,
    You may as well get your monies worth, been done a few times at a poultry sum over the limit somehow its worse,
    If you were hitting warp speed well then fair cop, at least you have had your fun.
    Some coppers would love to see you in court for this, so looks like you got an even handed officer of the law.

I am 6 months away from having a clean license again after many years hope I make it ,trouble is I live in an area that had an unnatural fascination for speed cameras / vans so not sure if I will see freedom after my 4 year penance

btw do grey cats still have 9 lives ?

13. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

That is a fooker. Got six on at the mo that fortunately dissapear in 7-8 months. :D But both of mine where caught by those bloody vans and both where barely 10 over the limit.

Winds me up. Would not be so pissed if i was caught at light speed but 82 on the motorway :whaa:

I'll stop ranting now :lol:

14. Watch youselves being catch at light speed, I got done for 86 in a 60 last summer,instant 6 point & a hefty slap on the wrist. Also from my experience,be warned, the camera can be quite a way from the van,for me it was over 3/4 of a mile away. If you go past a van & the windows shut,too late,they've got you already,the camera was down the road somewhere!

15. I may give up riding on the road :(

Pavements are much better at 80 :D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depending on what you read, that appears to be the aim :?

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I just seems you cant have fun anymore these days, I remember the good old days of using the M2 as a drag strip, but I wouldnt dare anymore as I know i'd lose my licence in a blink of an eye. The barstewards are getting sneakier than ever.

It seems they have access to a warehouse of different makes and manufacturers of cars for use in kent/london area, but also they are using lots of bikes as well, the biggest surprise for me was unmarked black Suzuki Bandit 1250's. Now who would expect that?!

The kent and Sussex police have been told to target motorcycles as well which I think is totally unfair! What cnuts!?!?!?!

Ive taken the rozzers to court once and won (HAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE!), but I don't want to go again, so I hate to say it but i may have to slow down before i get pulled over :-(

Rant over, be careful or move to France, they love bikes! :-D

18. henrymc

henrymc

Yep the French do like bikes and their roads are a lot less busy but all bikes are restricted to 100bhp in France so they have their rules also.

I vote for the Isle of Mann, they like bikes no bhp restrictions loads of twisty roads and outside of built up areas there are no speed limits. now there is NIRVANA. :idea:

19. andysjt

andysjt

humm , interesting point , i wonder were else in the world would be biking utopia ?
    Mexico , south Africa , Saudi Arabia ??

anyone ever been ?

20. Well Im quite happy with the Police on the M65 today.

I was travelling along and a patrol car went past me, the copper in the passenger seat gave me a slow down wave, looked at my clocks was doing 91 and I had been going a bit faster a couple of mins earlier.

I quickly slowed down and was passed by another 2 marked cars.

Must be my lucky day :)