675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

MoT Time

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Stu

Stu

The first 675's rolled of the production line 3 years ago. If you have one of 1st one's then the MoT will be due. Just a reminder. Jean forgot about hers and it was due on 1st March. It went in today and passed which I'd expect but the main beam was out. Apparently you can only buy high beam bulbs on Jupiter so we had to rob my bike to get it through the test.

2. Rowly

Rowly

They say you cant do enough for a good woman so I'm pleased the bikes fit
    and well for another year :lol: :lol:

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

3 years has gone quick - I remember picking up the bike magazine reading the 675 supplement.. ever since I've never been the same! ;)

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Glad to hear that Jean's bike flew through the test. Best I get a replacment bulb orded just in case I have a problem whilst I'm away.

Any chance you can post a link to the bulb site Stu :?: Cheers Mate :D

5. Stu

Stu

Jean order the bulb for Andrew Page. They didn't have one in Leeds so they shipped one in from Bury. They are about £15 but as it's the full beam I'd say carrying a spare isn't crucial. Low beam is H7 and are quite common so you should be able to pick one up at petrol stations any where.

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Stu - I will have alook at the fitting before I go just in case :ugeek:

7. Thaibite

Thaibite

Small tip, when swapping the full beam H9 bulb (especially when borrowing the working bulb out of your dearly beloveds bike) don't throw away the old bulb & BLACK PLASTIC RETAINING CLIP. I can guarantee this will lead to you phoning the dealer where you did the swap and asking them to go bin diving to find said bulb AND clip :oops:

Took me a while to work out that you remove the clip with a quarter twist.

Jean

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Nice on Jean will keep an eye out for the clip................... :lol: :lol: :lol: