675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

MPH to KPH (and back again)

Discussion in 'General' started by OnlyOneWayHome, Jul 29, 2009.

1. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the speedo to KPH? I'm going to France on Friday and that would be really handy. I will obviously need to change it back to MPH when I get back.

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold down all 3 buttons for 2 - 3 seconds...

3. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Why is this not in the manual!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree it should be, I learnt this my simply playing with all the buttons some years ago on my first trip to UK as my bike came with Kph...

Enjoy France and I will driving to Dunkirk tomorrow in the car as Im taking the kid over for 2 weeks to visit the Welsh clan :)

5. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Thanks, it worked.

For anyone else reading, you hold down all 3 buttons and then when a number comes up, use the scroll button to select the right number and then hit set.

The numbers represent:

1 - Euro kph
    2 - UK mph /mpg
    3 - US mph /gallons

not sure if a US gallon is different from a UK one or if they don't use mpg (my dealer told me but didn't know the difference).

6. Yes, a US gallon is only 6 pints, so you get less mpg. Something to do with the measurements having been set in the time of Queen Anne,though why there different, I don't know. I'm sure there some history buff out there who tell us!Useful info on changing to kph though.Does it give fuel consumption in litres per 100kms?

7. There's a DaytonaBuff, but he knows bog all about history. :lol: Cheers for the info on MPH-KPH though!