675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

MPH to KPH

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Stu, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Stu

Stu

While in France I changed my speedo to read KPH. For info, this is done by holding all 3 buttons in until a number shows up in the speedo. The options are 1-3 and one of them is KPH but the other 2 are MPH. One is imperial and the other is US miles. As US miles are the same as ours it only makes a difference to calculating the fuel consuption. Any one know which is which :?:

Does that make sense. I can understand it - just :D

2. if U.S miles are the same as ours, why would it make a difference to working out fuel consumption?

3. US miles are the same as UK miles. It's gallons that are different. 1 US gallon = 3.79 litres. 1 Imperial (UK) gallon = 4.55 litres. I expect you're switching between these units which is why it changes the Miles Per Gallon fuel consumption reading. I haven't checked this though as I can't find a reference to it in the manual.

4. Stu

Stu

US pints are 16 fluid ounces which is a pound. Ours are 20 fluid ounces which is a pound and a quarter. My speedo will read correctly but the fuel consumption will be way out. I don't use the fuel consuption much but it's handy on holidays.

Stu

5. aha, you learn something new every day.

6. Stu

Stu

For once we have something that's bigger and better than the yanks. Our gallon :)

7. I haven't got a clue what a pint, gallon or ounce are anyway! I set my speedo to metres per second and measure my petrol in litres! ;)

8. Stu

Stu

You don't know what a pint is. What do you order in the pub 25cl of Stella or a babycham :)

9. 17 litres of petrol .. with ice, lemon and a straw.