675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

My former employer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Edski675, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

...has gone bust. A company called Wrekin Construction, in Shifnal, near Telford. It employs about 550 people. I was their in house solicitor and company secretary from May 2003 to June 2005, when they kicked me out - we had a disagreement over the pension scheme, of which I was a trustee. I had the last laugh, they had to pay me off. Even though I hated the place I feel really sorry for all the staff, many of whom I still know well and keep close to. They did nothing wrong and now they will probably lose their jobs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7935357.stm

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

A bad time for any company, just makes me feel lucky to be in a good job especially when many of my friends have been made redundant recently. The crunch has hit a lot of the construction industry but then I'm not too surprised seeing the rate of construction a few years back. :(

3. Stu

Stu

I take it you are now sorted with gainful employment :?:

4. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I'm self employed. I used the payoff to set up my own practice. I merged it with another firm last November, the merged firm is

www.galegal.co.uk