675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

My HIDs have arrived!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Edski675, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

It's only taken 6 weeks :evil:

So this weekend I will have a bash at fitting them. Instructions aren't very good, badly translated from German. I can't wait to get them powered up :D

Plus I need to do some chain maintenance, my chain looks a rather sorry state :oops: I brush/work at it with kerosene (patio heater fuel) and then do Motul chain lube. I really ought to get a Scottoiler.

2. i was looking into some of them, keep us posted mate.

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Can you do us a picture guide Ed :?:

And a link to you supplyer :geek:

4. Edski675

Edski675

5. Hi Ed,

Which HID's did you actually go for? The link above just lists a few different kits (can you tell em which one it was?)

Thanks for the help and would be interested to hear how the fitting goes.
    Cheers
    Mark

6. Edski675

Edski675

I did a bit of mix n match, a H7 and a H9, and cos I like the blue look, went for 6000K.

Haven't had a mo to fit but I hope to this weekend.

7. I was looking at HIDs but was told that they can get too hot and melt the lenses. Is this true or just some scaremongering?

8. Thaibite

Thaibite

Stop procrastinating Edski675 and get them fitted :D . I want to hear about how easy/hard they were to fit. I've been thinking about some of these myself. I ride through a bloody awful part of Leeds were no seems to be able to drive. They all drive cars with bake bean cans for exhausts, strange smelling oddly fragranced smoke drifting from the windows with chairs so reclined the driver can't see out of the window. Anyway, anything to make me more visible would be good.

Me & Stu rode to France with a friend who had these on his bike. We had to put him up front in the dark cos he was blinding us!

Jean

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Whats that got to do with his head light Jean :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just liked his back side come on admit it :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Thaibite

Thaibite

Why do you think I want those HID's, illuminates everything in front of you so much better ;)

It could have been the nicest, tidiest arse in the world but plonked on a BMW???? Naaaaaaa, do't think so :D

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

LOL My mate has BMW and a Fat A.....................

Mind still fancy a set of HDI so keep me posted.

All best to Ya J...................... :lol: