675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

my new D675

Discussion in 'General' started by mattg, Apr 24, 2009.

1. mattg

mattg

so i havn't been on here for a while as i've been stuck out in a sandy desert for 6 months with work, so no bike either :evil: !

but the good news is i just ordered my new 09 daytona today and it should be ready to pick up in a couple of weeks!!! :D Really really cant wait

hopefully it may even better than the old one! :lol:

btw the sites looking great, top job guys

2. welcome back...good news on the bike, did you go for black or red?....and yes, it will be better than the old one :D

3. Stu

Stu

Welcome back. Will that be a yummy tax free bike then. Do you still get petrol coupons :?:

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Hello Matt! I'm a noob since you went, but seems like I'm part of the furniture :roll:

Wish I could afford a new one :evil:

5. mattg

mattg

yer it is a yummy tax free jobie, only real benifit with living over the pond with zie germans! well that and the tax free fuel and no limit autobahns, tough life, lol

i went for the black one, with the arrow slip on, so should sound as well as look mint!

only a few more days!

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Mattg, good to see the tax free benefits of Deutchland still apply. I bought a Passat £4k cheaper when I was out there in 1985 to 1998. Enjoy the 675 and make the most of the roads to Bavaria anthing south of Munchen is great.

Great to have you on board

7. Stu

Stu

Obviously you don't have to answer this for security reasons but what branch of the forces are you in? My nephew is out in Iraq with The Rifles and is coming back to Germany soon. I've been out for 13 years but I was the RAF and did a stint for NATO at JHQ.

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

That's where I know you from Stu :lol: .............. JHQ :geek: ......................... I was Chief of Staffs Personnal Chef way back when :ugeek:

9. Stu

Stu

In the Marley or the Queensway :lol:

You'll be cooking at the 1st annual meet if we ever have one. :eek:

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

No at his house at the side of of Vegberg Hospital

11. Stu

Stu

Yes my house- I was the Chief of Staff :lol:

12. mattg

mattg

I'm in the REME, as a VM so get based all over the place! its good to know there's a few ex-forces guys on here. and yes the tax free adv. for being in germany are still there, come on 40p a litre fuel!!! :lol:

13. Stu

Stu

God that's gone up a bit. It was ten bob a gallon when I was there and beer was 20p per pint. Still not bad at £1.80 a gallon though.

I spent 3 months with the REME in the late 80's at 16 Field Workshops in Belize. My saving grace as 2 Para were resident infantry :(

You'll have to come to Leeds on holiday as I have a Defender 200tdi in need of some TLC :D

14. The Fridge

The Fridge

Hi mattg, good to hav the members growing. nice to see u've chosen the best color, which by the way is the fastest 1 as well :lol:

15. mattg

mattg

i always thought that the black ones are faster, so at least im not the only one! :lol:

Land Rovers are the bain of my life, forever breaking, i think its just the way the army guys drive them like they stole them, :roll: ! but if you need any help with it stu give me a yell.

16. Stu

Stu

LOL. I have an enthusiast on call who fitted the 200tdi engine but it's never been right since it was fitted. Head has been skimmed and it seems much better but it's running without a stat. Now the vacuum pump has gone. I don't know if it's repairable :(

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Mattg do you know my brother WO2 Walton REME