675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Nearly back on the road !!

Discussion in 'General' started by kingfixer, Nov 12, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

Well got all the bits on and fired her up..no problems. Thought i would go down to Fowlers for a ride & have a brekkie, after a mile ish revs just dropped off and i was down to 30-40 and it would not rev past 4000-5000. Managed to get into a layby before i thought it would conk out, it didn't and ticked over no problem, stopped and restarted no problem, bur just was really sluggish any ideas anyone? i put the tank on this morning i don't know if that has anything to do with it :?:

2. henrymc

henrymc

I had a problem with the tank connection with getting the pipe connected properly after i re sprayed my bike Mick .
    I thought i had it done properly and it came of while I was in the fast lane of the motorway. its a b***h to do on your own as you probably have found.
    Its really a two man job one to hold the tank up enough for the other to connect the pipe.
    maybe its that the pipe is not on properly and causing loss of petrol then when you stop it gets some more petrol in to the system. only a guess though.

3. henrymc

henrymc

PS make sure you take the right Allen key to fit the two bolts on the front of the tank just in case, with you when you take it out for test again.

4. kingfixer

kingfixer

Took it down to Fowlers as they said they would have a look, they reckon some crap got into the system once the tank went back on. he says it's all sorted now as there are no other faults showing up and they have given it a good once over, so hopefully thats it :D :D