675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

NEC Bike show 2019?

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Captain Steffydog, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Decided I’m not going this year, I’ll go to the London one in Feb.

2. Cupracing

Cupracing

I’ve managed to get free tickets so will be going on Sunday, deciding between the s1000rr or tuono as my next bike so will be good to see them up close

3. But but you're the thread starter :p
    I'll be there on the Sunday as stated and trade day Tuesday

4. going with m8,s havent been for 4 years

5. D675hogg

D675hogg

Anyone that has been got any highlights to look out for when I go on Saturday?

6. GazP

GazP

Ducati stand was as you would expect with loads of exotica. Triumph was ok. Norton was pretty good.

The trials display is worth a watch.

The market stalls weren’t bad. Got a new bell helmet, abba stand and garage tat at some good prices.

Plus the 1/2 cheese burger was nice but mega expensive! £6!!!!!

7. D675hogg

D675hogg

Nice one mate. Yeah fancying a new brain bucket too. OFood and drink is always a fortune at these things. Enclosed market eh?

8. Just been today! The highlight for me had to be the Panigale V2! Mesmerising to gaze at, had to wipe the drool off the tank whilst sitting on it, and the reviews so far look A1. I may have to buy one in the spring! Image1574444667.725409.jpg

Could turn out to be a very expensive visit to the bike show

9. Cupracing

Cupracing

You best get your name down on the waiting list if you want one

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  10. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

11. towser

towser

Starts at £14,995 plus on the road costs.

12. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Wow, that sounds good, mmm, I might be tempted too :)

13. It’s an awful lot of bike for £15k when you compare to what else is out there but if you have the urge to spend more there are some delectable little extras you can add, some of which I think are actually worth it (eg short number plate holder, the long stalk just looks wrong)

All the reviews seem to agree it’s the best super sports money can buy at the moment, much like my beloved 675R was when I bought it in 2011. Check out this visor down review.

Does anyone know how long the waiting list is before I call a Ducati dealer? Image1574497435.487768.jpg

14. D675hogg

D675hogg

Well good bike show had today and now have fell in love with the new super duke. Did have a look at the Ducati Street Fighter but not a cheap option and over £4K for the full system

New Bell Race Star Helmet got for a good price after half an hours haggle and the latest Cardo intercom. Some good deals to be had and plenty of new bikes and kit to enjoy.

IMG_2898.JPG IMG_2901.JPG IMG_2904.JPG IMG_2905.JPG IMG_2907.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2923.JPG IMG_2937.JPG IMG_2924.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

RDK, I’m in no rush. Ideally I’d wait until next September but I doubt I could wait. End of April would suit me :)

16. GazP

GazP

I got the race star too at the show. It’s a really nice lid.

17. You’re always welcome to have a spin on mine in the meantime

18. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Hahahah, have you pulled the trigger already then?

19. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Back from the show tonight - did the adventure ride experience (Tenere 700 ) then lots of walking around, sitting on the bikes/spoaching

In the flesh the Ducati V2 was ok, but didn’t say “I want” as much as I thought it might...

If I had the spare cash (Mrs FF actually thought I’d bought a new bike by the time I got home...) then cash no object I liked the Aprilia RSV4 factory, then the R1M, then the V4S, then the S1000RR (but Sachs forks/bmw branded brakes...) - but then I woke up again and realised the pcp payments are more than the car...

So just came home with a signed copy of Rutters new book (top bloke him and mcavoy happy to chat for a few mins) a new NGK mug for the office and dreams of a new bike - just not now, too much, too many other priorities.

Overall a great day out with a couple of mates was had!

IMG_1669.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. had abit crack with rutter on wedensday bought his book and had a chat with john about thier superstock bmw gen 3