675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Need a bigger horn!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by kent675, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kent675

kent675

After the jokes have died down, does anyway else think the horn sounds a little...... well "gay"? I do a fair bit of town driving so a decent horn as a must, and I've always thought it sounds a little weak. Anyone got any ideas?

2. andysjt

andysjt

are you hearing it with your lid on ?

3. D41

D41

Agree, - I think most sportbike horns tend to sound a little lame.

4. :lol:

5. henrymc

henrymc

Was going to get a pair of those snail horns bit not sure if their is any place they will fit on the 675,
    they are real loud :twisted:

6. Get a pair of "hooters". (the snail horns)

Yes, there is space, just change existing for new, with minor re-angling.

Found it very useful for waking up those people who decide to come into my lane without looking.
    Nice to see them jump out their seats a bit.

Feel justified - they freak me out by trying to kill me since they're sleeping, i freak them out to wake them back up & keep me alive.

Saved me a few times, so think it's a must on any future bike(s).

7. Panteleimon, any info on where best to get these from and are they easy to fit?
    Cheers

8. Any place with (i think) Motrax? stuff - i.e most of the bike shops i've seen.

Ok, checked & it is Motrax:
    http://www.motraxstore.com/products/Hoo ... -Pack.html

Alternative is to plug the item into google & buy from one of the online shops.

Fitting easy enough. Unplug std horn-->Unscrew std horn bracket-->Unscrew/unbolt horn-->
    Bolt in new horn (only 1 will fit - i'd be impressed if someone could fit both, but you only need the 1.)
    -->Replace bracket onto bike (i'll have to check if i used the original bracket or the new ones supplied)
    -->Reconnect wires.
    Job done.

9. henrymc

henrymc

cheers panteleimon
    that will be my next buy,
    if i cant get the second one to fit then i will put it on the other halfs CBR600

10. No worries. :smileup:

I found i only really need 1 on each bike, so i split the pair, too.
    £5 each well worth it.

Looks on drivers' faces...priceless. :lol: