675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Never sell your bits - unless you know what you are doing

Discussion in 'General' started by Admiral Nelson, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

No - this thread is not about becoming a male prostitute :D

I was rather amused when I bumped into the Salesman who sold me my 675, and his brother's ASV levers as he was selling his CBR600RR, and the levers fit several bikes, including mine. Anyway, Lee said to me, "Guess what bike my brother has bought?" I replied, "a Daytona 675 by chance?" He has and is now looking for ASVs or Pazzos again at about £140 as set. He sold me his for £70

He went on to ask me if if I had any bits for sale :eek:

2. D41

D41

- Is it about becoming a 'track whore'?? :scarper:

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

One big tip, if you add anything to your bike and plan on trading in to a dealer. Take it all off BEFORE they value it. You can recoupe up to 10% of the value of the bike by doing this. If you have aftermarket or OE aftermarket kit fitted as new GET THE ORIGINALS of the dealer. I have in the past made another £400 on the value of my bike parts, don't be tempted to sell the original stuff as it will de value your bike. It's easier for the dealers to sell a standard bike so that is what they prefer.

Just one thing if you have fitted an after market exhaust and had the bike re-mapped DO NOT swap it back without re-mapping.

All simple stuff but always helps to know what the other side are looking for. :ugeek:

4. A good tip considering my state of mind about my D675 and the test drive i have of a CBR600rr on thursday

Cheers Jap

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Andy you have PMail ;)

6. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I'm keeping all the bits I have replaced (Levers, seat, hugger) in case I ever sell.