675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

new 675 ?

Discussion in 'General' started by redfreddie, Feb 25, 2009.

1. redfreddie

redfreddie

Hi everyone,

I'm on the verge of buying a 2009 675 in black or a ducati 848, any help and advice would be very much appreciated !!

Do I:

1: Go for the Triumph 675 at £7200 incl alarm/immobiliser (deal agreed with local dealer)

OR

2: Go for the Ducati 848 at P&H motorcycles at £9395, comes with immobiliser fitted

I am sooo impressed with both bikes and its a dilemna, must admit im swaying towards the 675 if i'm honest as the bike looks superb,
    Cheers,
    redfreddie

2. redfreddie

redfreddie

Oh and forgot to say, i'm a newbie so HI to everyone on here ;o)

3. hi mate, go for the 675, you know you wanna

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Hello from another noob - you won't be disappointed with a 675 :D

5. Rowly

Rowly

Go for the 675,its British its fantastic, oh and you'll be talking about the best decision
    you'll ever make on this forum ;)

6. You better believe it :D :!: Take it from someone you been riding bikes for over 30 years & has ridden loads of different bikes,once you ridden a triple you'll not want to ride anything else ;) :lol: :!: And black is the only colour :cool: . A bitch to keep clean, but the best when clean & shine :cool: :lol: :!:

7. Chris

Chris

8. Stu

Stu

You'll get biased information here as we all have a 675 or two. Check out the service interval, service cost and insurance cost. I'm betting the 675 will be a lot cheaper to own. :D

9. redfreddie

redfreddie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated !! I'm still so confused about what to do, I'm off to see the 675 at lunchtime today, must say i love the look of the bike . . . I've read all the magazine 600 tests and the 675 came out top and is such a great price at £7.3k, the Ducati is more expensive by £2.2k and isnt included in the magazine tests obv because of its CC. I've owned a 748 and a 996 in the past, superb bikes . . . but i'm thinking i've never owned a Triumph before, it looks superb, sounds superb and maybe its time to go for it and buy one. I can always change in the future if for some reason i didnt like it ! I've now changed my mind at least 4 times in the past few days lol decisions decisions :?

10. Stu

Stu

Points to note are:

675 has been bike of the year for the last three years
    Trippple engine is fantastic.
    I've had two so they must be good. :D

11. burt

burt

GO FOR THE 675 , I HAVE JUST ORDERDED MY SECOND DAYTONA . I HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM THE SHOP , AND MY 675 IS ON THE PRODUCTION LINE TODAY , ROLL ON NEXT WEEK !!!!!!

12. redfreddie

redfreddie

Well . . . I went at lunchtime, saw the bike and i have been on the phone to the dealer this afternoon trying to do a deal which im waiting to hear back on !! I am going to go for black, with the datatool system 4 fitted, arrow slip on and clear rear lense . . . . Lets see if they can do it for the price im looking to pay ;) but if not theres room for negotiation . . . the main thing is I want one !! watch this space

13. Rowly

Rowly

Best of luck with the deal Freddie,if you go for it send us some pics with
    the Arrow slip on and let us know what it sounds like :)

14. redfreddie

redfreddie

Great news . . . . I've bought a gorgeous new Triumph 675 in black, and the deal came with the extras mentioned above . . . Cant wait now, hopefully coming next week and ready to pick up by the weekend. Thanks to everyone for the advice, helped me a lot and along with my own research with bike mags tests ive definately chosen the right bike :D I will post pics when i pick the bike up and look forward to chatting on the forums with you all and maybe enjoying some track days ?

15. Stu

Stu

I'm chuffed for you. I don't think you'll regret it :)

16. go 4 the 675 chap i`ve had mine 4 a month and the engine is adictive :lol: :lol: :lol: its my first triple and it pulls like a train ;) ;)

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Nice one Redfreddie......... get those pictures posted as soon as you can ;) We love a picture or 10 on here :cool:

18. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I 2nd that! ;)

You've made a great choice in my books, one you wont be disappointed on for sure! To be fair it would always be a biased view asking that question on here but both bikes are good in different ways ;) Welcome to the forum and hope to see more of you here! :cool:

19. redfreddie

redfreddie

Hi everyone, I picked the bike up on Monday after 2 weeks of waiting for the bike to get to the dealer, others kept turning up but not mine lol ! What a bike ! absolutely superb despite the fact that i'm only pootling along while running it in :( . . . my 1st triumph experience having ridden a CBR600, GSXR600, Ducati 748 and 996 and i am so happy with the way it pulls even up to the 5000 rev limit while running in, and that sound !! I cant wait to explore beyond that soon :D . . . but all i can go on so far is the looks of the bike and it looks stunning (mines black but loved the red to), the supercorsa's seem good and have heard good things about them in the dry, not so sure about the wet as the rear looks near slick but the guy at the dealers rides it every day and says he's had no isssues in the wet. I definately like the clear rear lense over the standard one and i'm waiting for the Arrow slip on to arrive and be fitted as soon as it comes in. If anyone is interested i'll post up more as i learn more, and also will let you all know what track days i'm doing this year when they come along, cant wait to go around brands and actually use my own bike for once (normally hire them). I found some trackday insurance from www.pitandpaddock.com and was quoted £260 for 2 trackdays including faring cover which i thought was quite good. Right, I'm off to look at my bike :D

20. Rowly

Rowly

Yeah!!!! keep us informed on how you're getting on with the new beast and post
    some pics when you get the Arrow slip on fitted, sounds like you're well impressed
    so far, :D :D :D